LGBT LGBT and NAMBLA

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RedGoober4Life, Oct 28, 2006.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

So here's a question that I have just thought about. Somebody sent me http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=10450 article about Nancy Pelosi being of questionable association with NAMBLA and basically saying she is a hypocrite for parading with a group of people that certainly don't have the best interests of American children in mind after criticizing Mark Foley. Phew.

I'm making a large assumption, but it's my belief that most gays don't support NAMBLA. Does LGBT really allow NAMBLA to parade with them? And why? It seems like they are opening themselves up for people linking homosexuality with pedophelia.

I am not linking homosexuals and pedophiles.

I am linking LGBT and NAMBLA. Why? It kind of fires me up that they allow NAMBLA to parade with them. It sends a terrible message that homosexuals supports NAMBLA.

This could get ugly, or this could be a productive thread. If whatever I have said is off the deep end, please tell me why. I like to learn.

2. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

I don't support NAMBLA. In my opinion (and opinions are like assholes...), there is no reason for man to have sex with a young boy. Children don't need to have those kinds of influences and experiences pushed on them, regardless of whether or not they are consenting. Just my $0.02

Also in my opinion, the linking of LGBT and NAMBLA hurts the LGBT "cause" because in the public eye (not saying that the public eye is always right), they become one in the same. NAMBLA = LGBT (maybe,) but LGBT != NAMBLA (i.e., a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square.) Again, just my $0.02

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

What an awfully ingenious article, in regards to 'them -VS- us'. The writer knows full well that the community has no legal right to deny anyone the ability to march, and that furthermore, if we did that we would devalue our own cause... What a great check-mate!

If the majority of the LGBTQ community denied the minority members of the LGBTQ community who also happened to hold NAMBLA-ish beliefs, then that opens the door to the majority of US Citizens who happen to be heterosexual denying the minority of US Citizens who just happen to be LGBTQ. That, and this is a perfect example for their cause of how not discriminating against us will open doors to not discriminating against other issues commonly seen as sick.amoral/unethical/etc. So yes, the writer did a great job is pointing out how bad something like this makes the LGBTQ community look.

4. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

Agreed. Well said.

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter