Lg Vx 8100

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by liberals=whiner, Sep 8, 2005.

1. I just got this phone (verizon) If you were considering it dont. Some of the features have been deactivated by verizon. The MP3 player doesnt work, vcast sucks (IMO) some of the programs they show are hours even days old. I cant use it as a modem, and Im really not satisfied overall. This is verizons "best" model but I have seen the Motorola under it and I think its much better for the price.

2. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

correction, the e815 is verizon's best model.

3. ueberjeff

ueberjeff Save the seals...club a liberal.

Take it to the store to have it flashed with the new firmware update to add the MP3 player. You will need a mini SD card. The upgrade is free and was available nationwide on Tuesday. The vcast content is meh right now. There is much better content available during the regular TV season, but I use it more for the unlimited moble web than anything else. Get the mini SD card then load your own videos on the phone. I have several Family Guy episodes, Top Gear, and music videos on mine. There are plenty of tutorials available on howardforums.com. Verizon Wireless never claimed you can use the phone as a modem, which you actually can, but I'm not going to tell you how because you will probably get your account suspended. If you want modem capability from the phone you need to be on an unlimited data plan, not the vcast pack. Using vcast for modem access is a violation of your user agreement. Howard Forums will also tell you how to enable the modem, but consider yourself warned.

4. thanks for the clarification

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Definitely get the upgrade. I'm contemplating this phone and have been doing a lot of research on this and other boards. As uberjeff said a lot of the issues you're having are fixed with the upgrade, and from the reviews I've read, people who got it have done a 180 and really like their phone post-upgrade.

Let us know how it goes and what you think of it afterwards!

6. JamieDm4

JamieDm4 New Member

I was either gonna get the vx8100 or the E815. Went with motorola and I love it.

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

What sold you on the E815?

I'm in new phone contemplation and am leaning towards the LG8100--I really like the LG brand and it has the features I'm looking for...