LG Voyager vs. iPhone

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Cheeks, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Cheeks

Cheeks New Member

My best friend has an iPhone and I decided to stick it out with Verizon because I like their service. I didn't get the HTC mogul (verizon has it under a different name) because of what some of my friends review of the phone itself. I messed around with it, and I liked it, but it wasn't what I was looking for...so, I ended up with the Voyager. In all, I think the iPhone has a better interface, but the fact that the Voyager has a touch screen and a keyboard is a win win, and the expandable memory is another plus. But I still like the iPhone as well. I don't know...expand on this if you want. I'd like to hear some opinions from you cats.

2. asp

asp New Member

my 2 cents:

voyager's touch screen wont be as satisfying as the iphones. apple has lg beat in touchscreens because apple has the whole two touch interface technology with all the swiping and multitouch zooming that is ever so cool the first time you do it. and you will notice that on the voyager you actually have to apply a little bit of pressure to select something on the touchscreen so there's not as much swiping and cool little features like the iphone.
    as for the menu, with the lg you're going to be stuck to verizon's interface which is pretty much the same on every phone. iphone was pretty cutting edge stuff and the lg is just an env with a cool touchscreen to replace the crappy crowded front.... + web browsing :)
    i'm not a big apple guy nor am i a big touchscreen guy; nor do i feel the need to pay that much for an iphone when I can just have an mp3 player and a phone for a quarter of the cost; nor do i feel the need to own a apple product and be a douche. i am sticking with verizon myself and im personally waiting it out for the bb curve :)

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

LG == insta-fail

4. Cheeks

Cheeks New Member

never had any issues with my previous LG phones :dunno:

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

hated my old lg phone, and everyone I know that still has one hates it.

6. Cheeks

Cheeks New Member

Not sure how you really want me to respond to that :dunno:

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you can keep your pie hole shut, for all i care.

8. ///M

///M New Member

No comparison, IMO.

The only advantage I see is Verizon's Ev-DO :o

9. Willey2cool

Willey2cool New Member

Voyager was LGs quick answer to the iphone, slapped a touch screen on the EnV and there you go. Iphone is more polished and the way to go

10. ziggie216

ziggie216 New Member

and probably there isnt any developement for 3rd party apps for voyager (ok, other then the one being sold by verizon)

11. ziggie216

ziggie216 New Member

:rofl: I still remember how everyone was saying that would be the iphone killer

12. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

I unlocked my mogul and put a custom rom in it and its alot faster and better now. With the newest roms you can do gps, evdo reva . Also theres so much apps and stuff to download for it that its easy to make it look and act like an iphone if thats what you really want.

In alot of ways its better than the iphone. Iphone however still plays cetain movies better and has the bigger screen.

13. wizziebaldwin

wizziebaldwin New Member

me too! the Fusic ... worst battery life and the fonts were so small i couldn't read it.