LG CU920 Question....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Orly_Yarly, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Orly_Yarly

Orly_Yarly New Member

First post, so here goes.. :wavey:

Got an LG CU920 phone (AT&T) and.. unlike the rest of the phones I've had, I'm not able to make songs (MP3's) as ringtones.

I've always bought extra memory for my all the phones I've ever had and I've always been able to put music on the phone and make, say, an entire a song or MP3, for Ringtone ID and the same with text messages.

However, with this phone, I can only use factory standard sounds for ring tones and text tones. It's a pain in the ass and thinking of getting another phone just because I can't do that one thing with this one.

Any suggestions? (I know, get a new phone LOL)

Thanks

2. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

From another forum...it is possible right away if the mp3 is less than 300kb

You don't need to hack to breach the 300k limit, you just need a memory card. If you set a ringtone thats under 300k as your ringtone and then rename whatever you want to use as your ringtone to the same exact name. Then move or copy the ringtone to the handset memory, it will overwrite the first one but maintain the ringtone setting.

Check out lg-vu.com if you need help with all things Vu related.

3. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

i have the same phone and i have custom ringtones for 5 or 6 of my contacts. the only thing i can't use custom ringtones for is text messages