SRS Lexapro No, Zoloft no, onto Cymbalta

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Shamrock, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shamrock

Shamrock I can in end the world in a Holocaust OT Supporter

Currently taking 60 mg with a 1 mg clonazapam. I hope to god this works. Lexapro worked wonders I loved it except for the sexual side effects. Zoloft plain just didn't work event at near max dose. Cymbalta hopefully will do the trick. Any thoughts comments?

I don't know found out last semester at college probably has been affecting me since high school. Grades dropped dramatically not due to the classes but me failling to concentrate and soforth. I had chronic back pain for no reason and would find myself staying in bed rather than go out with friends. With lexapro it was great except I failed to get an erection once and the delayed ejaculation would be an hour to 2 hours. Zoloft had no sexual side affects but the back pain came back and was just all around feeling shitty with it compared to lexapro. Cymbalta was the next medication my doctor has put me on. Right now within the first week I have dizzy spills and am getting head aches because of this. I heard this will subside after awhile. Has anyone else been on cymbalta?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2006
  2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Are you seeing a psychologist ?

3. Shamrock

No because, I know my life is fine and I trust all my friends and trust my gf. It's just sometimes i feels o uncomfortable around them when i should not be and the fact that my grades slowly dropped led me to believe it was due to depression. I have no reason to be depressed and I know that,yet I hide in my bed and soemtimes cry over nothing. I do not believe a psychologist would do anything except expose things that I should be depressed about.

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

That's not true. Meds treat the symptoms of depression, not really the depressive disorder. There's a theory that postulates that there are particular cognitions (irrational thoughts which lead to some behaviors and emotions) for every mental illness and some psychologists will try to work these things with you. Medication can help you get out of the present episode but behavioral-cognitive therapy can do that too (some studies showed that meds and therapy can produce the SAME effect on brain chemistry) and, most importantly, getting rid of these thoughts will help you not to get in a depressive episode again.

The kind of psychologist you're thinking about is the psychoanalytical psychologist (or the psychoanalyst) which focus a lot on the past. Psychologist and especially short term psychotherapy won't really deal with the past, they deal with the "here and now", what are your problems and how you can get rid of them. In this view, the source of the problem is not that important.

The most important thing to remember is that psychologists are not there to work against your will on things of the past, they deal with the problems you want to deal with, nothing else.

5. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

Is this KSU as in Kennesaw State University in Atl, GA? I go there...:wavey:

6. Shamrock

KANSAS STATE

7. 2500

2500 Guest

yum, drug cocktail. so, do you think your drepressed because of a lack of anti-depressant medication? chances are, no. so, explain to me how taking them will cure your depression? explain to me how a dangerous drug will change the way you think. hi, it can't.

get into therapy, stop with the drug cocktails, and get to the core of your problem. god, i can't stand seeing people going on medication after medication. there are many other options besides meds, please check those out. they will actually cure your problem and not just cover it up till you stop takin the drugs.

8. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Medication isn't something we should completly ban though. Medication + psychotherapy is more effective than either of them alone. It can help get rid of the symptoms so that you can concentrate on changing the thoughts that are the problem, it's quite hard to change when you feel shitty.

9. Shamrock

Are you fucking kidding me. I know my life is fine. Nothing is wrong in my life. I have no explanation for my feelings and when they come and when they go. I will be witha group of friends having the greatest of times then all of a sudden it hits me like a brick wall and i feel uncomfortable and want to go home. Or it will be like that for a week at a time. Some medications just do not work for some people. Like i said lexapro worked great except for the sexual side effects. MOD EDIT Show some love :hsnono: . I cannot stand people like you who think I'm just an emo kid thinking their life is horrible. My life is perfectly fine sure things could be better but i'm living better than must people, AND I KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THAT. But the feelings are still there. Chemicals inside peoples head can be messed up just like some peoples tonsils can become affected. I'm not a fucking head case, but when I cannot explain why I have feelings when I shouldn't be having those feelings something is wrong and that what the MEDICINE is for.

10. 2500

2500 Guest

MOD EDIT Show some love:hsnono: . listen son, thats what panic attacks are!!!!!! panic attacks are not for basket cases who sit in the corner of their houses, contemplating suicide, crying all night long, with a history of abuse, neglect, etc. they happen to normal people! my story is the same as yours !! i would be out with all my friends, we would be out racing, or workin on cars, hanging out. the last thing on my mind would be being nervous about shit. i would be out having fun with friends, living the perfect life, nothing was wrong at all. great car, great friends, great family, no bills, no debt, good job, taking classes in college that i liked. EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. then BAM, panic attack in the middle of my perfect night. don't think your fucking different little one. thats what they are, and thats how they work. so this shit came out of nowhere, on the morning of my brothers graduation. no explination, not worried, i was excited to see my little brother graduate. night before, i was at IHOP with a few friends having a fun time. BAM, it hits me like a ton of bricks. i couldn't explain it, my life was perfect, but i was in the ER 5 nights a week, freaking out with panic attacks. THATS HOW THEY WORK. so, MOD EDIT Show some love :hs: for attacking me when all i was trying to do was offer what worked for me. i'm not gonna benefit from you getting better at all. i just know that after a year of having 5-6 panic attacks a day, bad panic attacks, for no reason at all, i have not had 1 single mini panic attack in 3 fucking years now because of 1 hypnosis session. MOD EDIT don't listen to me you ignorant prick. but in 5 years when you have to try and get off those meds and your panic attacks start up, then i'll be waiting here to laugh in your face. last fucking time i try and help some "drugs are the only way" uninformed child. god damnit, and what makes me even more mad is to see you saying the same shit i did when i would be freaking out. "something is wrong, i shouldn't feel this way, my life is fine, why do i feel this way, something has to be wrong." i said the same shit dude! but whatever, do what you want, and if you think your case is any different than the thousands of other people with anxiety, your fucking wrong. but after trying every med in the book to no avail, maybe you'll learn. but until then, :sad2:

11. 2500

2500 Guest

and i know KlaatuBaradaNikto can't read this, but, MOD EDIT :sad2: . have fun with your drug cocktails while I enjoy panic and anxiety free living for the rest of my life.

12. Shamrock

ABsolutely you did not read the whole thing I said, and do not know that lexapro as well as zoloft treat anxiety as well. Also panic attacks do not happen weeks at a time. Explain my chronic back pain, explain why I can't sleep at night, explain why around my closest friends I do not want to be near them. Explain to me how in my own bed I do not even feel comfortable. Explain to me why I do completly fine in school then all of a sudden in everyone of my classes I fail every test that month before I went to see the doctor. Explain to me why my cousin committed suicide and why my dad was an alcoholic. Open your fucking eyes if there is treatment out there for people with these symptoms why not take full advantage of it. It's not like i'm in the corner poppin my pills then walla i'm perfectly fine. I am in full contact with my doctor and am being monitered with my medication. the only reason for the switch in medication was because, one the sexual side effects ,and two one simply did not work for my bodies chemistry. You also do not know that the newer drugs out there have a shorter have life for the ability to get off the drugs. I want to be off the drugs but I don't see that happening in the near future.

13. 2500

2500 Guest

One question for you:

Explain to me how ANY of those symptoms occur due to a lack of Lexapro in your bodies chemestry.

The End.

14. Shamrock

Serotonin..

15. 2500

2500 Guest

what was the test called that your Doctor did to measure the levels of serotonin in your body?

16. Shamrock

A doctor can use a relative measurement and his best knowledge to diagnose my case. Me being an average person should not be feeling this way and having chronic pains for no reason.

17. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

There are a number of things in here besides the personal attacks which are forbidden and disturbing.

Shamrock , since the medication you are using can be applied to a variety of mental ilnesses its best to (next time when making a thread) state the background of your problem, even stating that when you don't what's causing it in your thread so people won't have to guess what's wrong, we do try provide help but we do not have crystal balls to see anyone's background.

2500 stay in line , you may adress it when you think someone is not living a healthy lifestyle, but you don't have to be cynical about it to that person.

Everyone got that? No more personal attacks.

-Continue the thread-

And try to help eachother out here.

18. Shamrock

I came into this thread wanting peoples experiences on cymbalta not to be persoanlly attacked and be called a druggy from someone who has no support for his claims of hypnosis. MY PROBLEM is depression which in most cases includes anxiety problems.

19. 2500

2500 Guest

haha, i laugh. "his best knowledge" ? his best knowledge is to here your symptoms and put you on a variety of medications until he finds one that shuts you up. dude, i'm not calling you a druggie. you are just VERY uninformed like i was when my anxiety started. and how are you going to say i have no support for my claims of hypnosis? IT WORKED FOR ME!!!! i think thats all the support i need pal. listen, May 3rd 2003 - Sept 25th 2003 was a downward spiral of anxiety and panic. $12,000.00+ in med bills AFTER good insurance. 4-5 nights in an emergency room a week, not exaggerating, 7 different doctors visited over and over again weekly, 4 therapists and psychiatrists, 2 psychologist, 1 nuerologist, 4 ENT's visited numerous times a week for this time period, 1 cardiologist, 1 GI DR, 9-11 calls, zoloft, paxil, xanax, seroquil, valium. 2 brain MRI's, 6 EKGs, 1 EEG, 1 ECG, 1 pulmonary function tests, dozens of blood work labs, X-rays, CAT scans, psychological tests. All of that shit was weekly from May until Sept. And believe me, i am NOT exaggerating at all. my life consisted of worry, panic, and doctors. i couldn't work, i couldn't go to school, i couldn't go far from home incase i had a panic attack. and no, thats not 7 doctors in 5 months, thats when i freaked out, i would make appointments with ALL OF THEM each week. the most i had was 5, count them, 5 doctor appointments in 1 DAY! and this behavior went on from May - Sept. On Sept 25th, i was hypnotised for 45 min, and i have not seen a Dr since, (minus when i'm actually sick) i have not had A SINGLE panic attack since, i have not had ANY lab work, any tests, ANYTHING, since that day. really read what i'm typing here. i'm not a hypnotist, i'm not gonna get rich if you try it. i will not benefit at all from you getting better. i'm telling you because like you, i thoguht "i am fucking normal, WHY is this happening to me. i'm just out with my friends, and then bam, it hits me. my life is perfect, there has to be a reason i feel this way." and because i KNOW what its like to think that, and to feel so helpless, but luckily, i found something that worked for me, and, i like to pass it on in hopes it will take someone else out of the hell i KNOW your going through. but dude, there is NO cause of anxiety and depression. its not like a physical condition where if you have the shits, you take something, or you have a tooth ache, you take something. anxiety and depression are MAYBE caused by a "chemical imbalance" because you feel shitty, serotonin is the "make people not feel shitty" chemical, so they feel theres a lack of it, or none of it, or too much of it. did youknow that? its not just a lack of serotonin, but some Drs believe it could be none, or TOO MUCH of it? they don't know nearly as much as you would hope they would. which is why they put you on drugs to cover your symptoms and leave it at that. but, there is no way to measure or monitor serotonin. so basically, what your drugs are doing, is making you feel out of it, possibly more happy but not likely, cloudy, unlike yourself. its MASKING the S-Y-M-P-T-O-M-S. not fixing the problem. i just thought i would post here because i saw the drug cocktail you have been on, and since our stories were similar, i thought i would offer you something I KNOW has worked for me, and it could be a much safer, faster, more perminant solution to your problem than what you have been trying. just THINK man. it has never been found that serotonin is linked to anxiety, because they can't measure it. the zolofts, and paxils, and everything have just been found to make people feel better (than you have been), for the time they take it, until they need more of it and your body becomes immune to it, or until you think your ok and try to come off it and feel worse than you did when you started them. your not taking into consideration emotional problems, behavior problems, learned things, environmental factors, heredity, etc. those i mean when you were younger. after hypnosis, i saw a therapist, just out of curiosity, to see what i could uncover about my past and myself, and you would not believe the things i uncovered with him. about my childhood. things i never even imagined could link to my anxiety, but everything made perfect sence when i spoke to him. i saw how when i was a young child, how my dad was, who was a very kind person, but, just by how HE acted, and reacted, and the expectations he put on me, i saw how those formed who I became as an adult including my anxiety. but they weren't bad things, so i never thought of them, they were just, his ways. but my therapist made those connections, and it was like an easy connect the dots game every time i saw him. i would be like "wow, thats incredible, i never made that connection" over and over again. i'm not here to argue with you. you mean nothing to me, considering your just some dude on the forums who has a problem similar to what i had. i believe strongly in hypnosis because i lived through HELL for many months until i tried it. and it worked, and when i see people suffering like you, asking the same questions i did, i can't help but to try and open their eyes. but, thats something you will need to do yourself. i gave you my story, info, what i've LEARNED after living this. now its in your hands to do what you want with it. but trust me, do you really think i would sit here and type all of this to someone who just told me to go fuck myself just cuz i feel like typing?

20. Shamrock

Once again it's not anxiety it's depression with anxiety being a symtpom of it. See I had your symptoms PLUS chronic back pain undescribed sleepiness, and very very hard to concentrate in class. I first thought it was anxiety but I read about it and it did show my symptoms but I had more than that. I was actually feeling physical pain constantly and would cry myself to sleep(this coming from a person who barely cried at his cousins funeral). Which is not me, I know thats not me. Get off your soap box because lexapro DID WORK FOR ME except for the sexual side effects. I just want to know how cymbalta treated others, not some non-proven theory that could have just worked in your case like a placebo works for others.

21. 2500

2500 Guest

non-proven, but it worked for me, lol. whatever. anxiety and depression are very closely linked. read the label of the drug of the week your taking, 99% will treat anxiety AND depression, because Drs say both are the same. and, um, don't you think i was going to all these Drs with PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS? duh, good lord, read a book kid. i was dizzy 24/7, heart palpitations, numb hands, headaches, bad concentration, jittery, the list goes on. but whatever, i have typed WAY too much for someone like you. you are ungreatful, uninformed, and very closed minded. keep believing those Drs. and, when you finally find a drug that works, and lets you have a woody too, PM me when you try getting off that drug, and lemme know how your depression feels then. remember me when the drugs don't work and you don't know what to do.

22. Shamrock

I'm done with you...read a book kid? You know nothing about me and never will. You know nothing about the drugs and how some really do not treat the anxiety or physical symptoms of depression. Read a book laugh.....

23. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Since i can see with the continuing cynism where this thread is going im closing it.

Thread Lock :lockd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.