GUN Lewis Machine and Tool

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Feb 26, 2008.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Do they make whole guns or just sell them in parts? I went to the store looking at AR's yesterday and they're selling one as a LMT Defender 2000 for $1,399. I'm sure they're a little high on their price, and I don't have the exact specs on the trigger and barrel and what not, but does that price seem close to being right?

LMT Defender 2000, 16" barrel, ambi. selector.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I think LMT makes quality stuff, you can buy the defender lower half, uppers, or a complete weapon. The retail price for the bottom tier 16" standard defender with regular stock is $1235, the top tier CQB defender with sopmod stock is $1776. There is plenty of room to talk the dealer down from retail.

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I called to get more info on it. 16" standard flat top upper, chrome lined 1/7 barrel, Defender 2000 lower, ambi. selector, 6-position stock. They have the USMC ACOG on it. Each separate is $1,399 they're selling both for $2,698. I'm thinking I'll leave the gun and switch to a different ACOG. Some of the ACOG's are $250 or so less and serve the same purpose (for me) as the USMC one.

4. chakup

chakup Guest

I'll be running a GB here soon on LMT uppers- a guy just pieced one together and with all LMT parts, 2-stage trigger etc was under $1k including shipping, transfer fees, etc. That's $400+ you could be saving.

5. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

my local shop have 2 of them.one is a cqb defender,not sure of the other one.but both rifles are real nice.i`ve been thinking of tossing one in layaway

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I might just pony up for this one. I'll pass up on the ACOG if they won't come down on price. I found a place that has them in stock for $1,099 shipped and they're selling it for $1,399. The ACOG is the TA31RCO-M4CP. It's set up for the 14.5" barrel the USMC uses. The LMT is a 16" but it shouldn't matter too much plus I like the reticle design of that one more so than others.

7. chakup

chakup Guest

I could save you on the ACOG as well!!

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

How much do you sell that one for Chez? Do you have that one in stock or any in stock for that matter? I know the lead time on them can be quite a bit.

9. chakup

chakup Guest

Both distributors are showing in stock so I could have it to me in a couple days then right back out. PM sent on price.

10. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Thanks, responded. Funny part is they're made in Wixom, MI which is maybe 20 minutes away. Same with EOTech, but they're about an hour out of Lansing, MI I think. Both have to go out across the country and back again to get to me.

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Chakup, how well can you do on EOTechs? Either the 512, or552, using AA or CR123.

... I don't know the difference on EOTechs.

12. chakup

chakup Guest

Honestly, I can get them but my pricing isn't great and you'd probably be better off on EoTechs elsewhere. It's just not something I can get decent prices on.