leveling my front end

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by pop, Nov 21, 2004.

1. pop

pop New Member

where can i find some cheap priced leveling kits that mod my torsion bars for a chevy 2500?

2. ridedirt

ridedirt OT Supporter

you can crank up the torsion bars (no mods). i dont know if you would be able to do this yourself, like tools and that, or you can just get an appointment at local spring shop and they will do it cheap (at my shop we do it for free)

3. pop

pop New Member

any after market parts i can exchange out in the torsion bars to get the same affect and keep the factory ride?

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

Only way I know to get rid of the torsion bars is with a solid front axle, which is quite a bit of work. I don't know if they make it for the full size trucks, but for the S series, Superlift has a 2" lift for the front.. but beware... it will prematurely wear out your front end....

5. pop

pop New Member

buddy told me you can buy the bracket (dont know the name) piece where the torsion bars are tightened that is bigger and the 'normal' crank position of this piece makes the truck sit as the factory piece does cranked all the way

6. 10SE

10SE New Member

You need to swap in torsion bar keys from a 1/2 ton truck. They will index the torsion bars more to raise the front end without topping out the torsion bar bolts.

Go here for a lot more answers: http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/index.php?