SRS Letter/Email/Card to Ex to attempt to re-establish freindship

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bobert, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

I've always been able to maintain friendships with my ex-girlfriends and they always end up being very strong and enduring. I hope to accomplish the same with this letter. I originally intended to just send her an email (it would probably be days before she reads it, so I was hoping it would have the added effect of it seeming like I wasn't pushing anything and wouldn't be hurt by no response)

Basically I just want to know if you think i'm coming on too strong at any point, and if you thought it would be better in a card or letter (which would appear more urgent) as compared to the email.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I used my full name as compared to the name she calls me just to make it seem more formal and not so touchy, but obviously parts of this are.

2. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

and before you guys label me as another guy who gets all emo and takes the blame for the end of a relationship, let me explain some things.

For about 20-30 days before our relationship ended, I got really into reading books. I enjoyed the books so much that when we did hang out, the books were on my mind and I couldn't wait to leave and find out how the books ended. I spent maybe 10-24 hours per day reading during that period of time, and I would often go a whole night without sleep.

This is just one of the many examples of the things and times in the last 6-12 months of our relationship that I had been a jackass or inconsiderate of her feelings, etc, etc.

3. johan

johan Active Member

The poetic nature of your words counts for about 1%.
    The other 99% is determined by how she really feels about you.

In other words, it's out of your hands.

A massive paean to slavish longing...... or just a simple note card saying "Hi, I was thinking about you, give me a call sometime" would equally suffice to let her know you're still interested.

If she is likewise interested also....game on.
    If not...the words you put down, are irrelevant.

She won't go out with you, (or refuse to) due solely to a long soppy letter.

Well, enough of that. Hope it all works out for ya.