Let's talk TSX

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Milin, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

anyone have one here? I have heard unkut's reviews but I want some more serious reviews of the TSX from everyone here.

I'm getting ready to sell my 02 stg IV WRX. :wtc:

2. Hym3n

Hym3n New Member

Brother has one with 11k miles. Loves it. Seems to be a great little car. With only a few minor driving impressions, it appears to me to ride, drive, and generally feel like a slightly enlarged and more powerful Prelude. Great car for the beginning family, and has just enough power to keep you happy on the street and at the pump.

I, on the other hand, drive the polar extreme opposite of the import "performance" spectrum. A '93 3000GT VR-4. 15.2mpg, 15psi, and a whole lot of maintenance bills. But god, I tell you what, there is NOTHING quite like it.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Buy an Accord.. dont spend extra for the Acura name

4. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

I wouldn't be spendign it for the name, but rather for the k24 motor
    the double wishbone suspension
    and the better interior.

I still like the new accords, though, but to get one similarly equipped would be just as much as the acura, which I like the looks of better.

Everyone just tells me to stop being a pansy and get an STi or evo8, though.

I figured I'd have more of that response in here.

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Spending more money for a engine that makes ~50 less HP. Interiors materials are going to be about the same material since they are both Honda. It comes down to whatever youw ant

6. mauk

mauk OT Supporter

i had one for a day when the rsx was gettin serviced. seemed like a nice DD. the gauges are pretty cool.

for the money, i would probably check out a legacy gt too. the tsx seems a bit pricey for an n/a 4 cyl.

7. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

I should have really put the suspension on there first.

whats the setup like on the accord?

I don't drag race, but I do autocross and I have been waiting for this summer to do a track day, but it doesnt seem like my WRX's tune would have handled it anyway.

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

For the same price you can buy a Mazdaspeed 6 Sport. A much better buy in my mind.

9. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

I'd just get a used STi in that range.
    I'm not a fan of the MS6 sport or the mazda build quality. I actually looked into it but the heat soak issues in TX with the crappy lack of ducting to the intercooler make me think twice. People have been having really bad heatsoak and knock issues in the heat and it hasn't even gotten to be summer yet.

What I really want to know is how the TSX responds to supercharging and what it would make?

seems like a nice daily driver at that point. Seems a little gutless in stock form.

10. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

true, but even though i have an accord i'd prefer the smaller dimensions of a tsx.

if you dont care about that and just want the power either

a. get the V6 6MT accord, its damn quick
    b. buy a 4 banger accord, its a k24 with a different head. I picked one up for 17500, if i wanted to ruin this car already i could swap a TSX head and tranny in for alot less than the 10k more i'd pay for a tsx.

11. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I think the heatsoak can easily be solved with a CF hood with an STI like air scoop.

12. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I test drove a TSX before I bought my IS300. Not a bad car... pretty comfortable and handled nicely. My main complaint is that it is a bit gutless. A bit more power, and I probably would have ended up with one instead of the IS.

13. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

see the thing is if i was looking for a turbo AWD import car, I would handsdown take an STi. I like everything about it over the ms6

I also like the legacy GT over the MS6. I really wanted to like the speed 6. It has everything, including a fabulous suspension, but the subaru for some reason just gave me a better driving feel.

This thread has been good though, I think it's pushing me towards an STi/evo MR.

It all depends on who gives me the better deal. I could care less about how fast it is. For me it's all "teh fun" factor.

If you really say that the TSX is gutless I will REALLY have to test drive one to try it out. Provided my friend (a well known honda t00ner ;) ) can't come up with a solution that is cheap to remedy this I think I may go in that direction.

I hear the k24 falls on its face after 6k rpm because the motor was built "undersquare" with regards to bore/stroke and that the motor itself is an n/a honda motor REALLY BEGGING for some boost.

even hondata can't fix that.

I really didn't want to mod my next car and I think only an STi would start me off with the power. If I could get past the 16 year old ricer looks I may consider it more seriously.

I like it just fine, I just wonder if my employer/clients would still take me seriously in it...or at least not think I am an idiot for driving a blue car with gold wheels. :hs:

14. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

I think now that you've said this I will check out the IS for a side by side comparison. It's hard to deny a wonderful straight 6.

I'd be looking more seriously into a 300ci coupe if they weren't asking so much for options that should be included. The German economy and the Euro has really been hurting them and I LOVE Germany. The culture and people are a particular passion of mine and especially of my girlfriend (she is Czech)

I think I just need to go and throw down the money on an STi. If clients dont like it they can suck it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  15. JubjubRSX

JubjubRSX New Member

right after i bought my RSX-S i took it in for some dealer mods to be installed, and they gave me a TSX as a loaner car seemed like a very nice car had bout 12k miles on it....loved the HID's on it so much i got my RSX headlights retrofited with the TSX setup..... im a acura fan ive yet to drive a acura i didnt like, if ya got the money get a TL them things are waaaay nice and look real good to....pimptastic!!