Lets talk strongmen federations...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TKEBoss, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKEBoss

TKEBoss Nelson Sexors

I been watchin Metrx SM for years and years. Recently started watching IFSA.

To me it seems the IFSA guys are more advanced than the Metrx athletes(with exceptions of Pudz).

Is this true? Which one means more?

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

IFSA events tend to be heavier while the WSM events are lighter but more athletically demanding which is why Pudz does so well. He is a super strong dude but compared to the 1RM strength of a lot of the IFSA guys he can't compete but he's incredibly athletic.

3. TKEBoss

TKEBoss Nelson Sexors

I remember Savickas being in Metrx at one time. I believe he came in 2nd to Pudz.

I wonder if he would surpass marius now in time.

4. NUDES

NUDES New Member

in the US WSM is better to be in

in other countries probably IFSA

5. TZ

TZ Banned

neither means more, just two different styles of strongman I think. like gtlifter said, IFSA is for the brutally strong, focusing more on static strength. WSM has more athletic events, like how fast you can move with a weight or how many reps can you do in a certain time period. not that wsm competitors are weak, just that it favors the more athletic guys.

in this country WSM is king cause it gets the most publicity since it's on ESPN and EVERYONE knows what it is. ask any american and they have no fuckin clue what IFSA usually..ask em about worlds strongest man and everyone knows. poundstone was probably sick of telling people he was one of the world's best strongmen and people going :confused: huh? at him

anyways, i think i prefer IFSA, although i think both are fuggin awesome

6. TZ

TZ Banned

doesn't ifsa have way more competitions yearly than wsm? I mean wsm has the actual competition and what, 4 qualifiers?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  7. TZ

TZ Banned

he'd crush mariusz in an ifsa show, i am not sure if he would do any better in wsm now. savickas is pretty much king of the brutal strength strongman competitions. although i think it's worth mentioning that poundstone got pretty close at the arnold even while injured pretty badly. i think poundstone at 100% would be able to win both IFSA shows and WSM since he's so fucking strong as well as athletic and lean

8. TZ

TZ Banned

one last post :o

Worldwide, the IFSA World Championship is broadcast on 41 television stations in 186 countries, reaching an estimated 527,000,000

9. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

Offtopic Question:

First SM comp is this saturday, what do I need to bring food and supp wise?

10. TZ

TZ Banned

lots of gatorades and water (cause you get sick of gatorade sugary taste after awhile)

food,i guess whatever you want. I never brought any food. at chicagos strongest man, they gave out free hotdogs and i had like 8 total during the day :bowrofl: i'd assume maybe some powerbar or like clif bar (taste a lot bettter) would be good. at my first powerlifting competition a group of us went to mcdonalds and got a fuckload of double cheeseburgers :bowdown: that stuff is strength food man. that day i had so much food..my mom got me subway after the squat, then i got mcdonalds after the bench, then when it ended i went to burger king :rofl: :barf:

11. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

hahaha wtf Troy!

12. TKEBoss

TKEBoss Nelson Sexors

I would of passed out after all that food. One day I ate a footlong a hour before deadlifts. I yacked up and down the gym.

13. TKEBoss

TKEBoss Nelson Sexors

They make it alot more entertaining than WSM too. All the interviews and profiles of the lifters is neat. Even though half don't speak english.

14. TZ

TZ Banned

:mamoru:

15. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

holla

thanks troy

Ill have to have my brother go get me some double cheeseburgers half way through the comp.

16. TZ

TZ Banned

np man

meh, maybe some people wouldn't recommend it. i have a stomach like a billygoat though. maybe if you are sensitive towards fast foods and greasy shit it wouldn't be such a good idea, but for me double cheeseburgers are amazing on a day filled with heavy lifting :bowdown: lotta calories!

17. NUDES

NUDES New Member

yes, but as poundstone said, nobody knows who the fuck you are in the US if you're IFSA. people want to be noticed and known.

18. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

IFSA folded, and no longer exists...

19. TZ

TZ Banned

shit, that's news to me. that fucking sucks! when'd this happen? :confused:

20. NUDES

NUDES New Member

wat, i havent read the net much latelyu

21. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

a while back

22. TZ

TZ Banned

Yeah, just saying. if you were a strongman at that level, maybe you love competing and doing that shit as often as you can, so IFSA would be the better place. i heard that's why ortmayer was in the ifsa..so he could compete all the time

23. TZ

TZ Banned

mm damn, that fukcing sucks. although i heard like a month or two ago that there's a new strongman federation (dont remember any specifics) starting up so maybe that'll pick up the slack.

24. NUDES

NUDES New Member

i believe ortmayer is also funded by his family. if you are a regular person that works, you absolutely cannot compete all the time. such is the case for the majority of top american SM's.

25. TZ

TZ Banned

jesse didn't have a job did he? cause he had that met-rx sponsorship and also the website (dunno if he did personal training or paid advice..) the key is to get sponsored by a massive supplement company or something like that so you can dedicate all your time to training competing and eating :bowdown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.