Let's talk men's fashion. What do women like?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Akimbo, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

I wanted to change my wardrobe a bit and was curious as to what styles are in. So metrosexuals, do your best. What are today's best looks? What looks get you compliments?

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Wrong forum...

3. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

How so? I want to know what chicks like. It said tips so I figured what the heck.

4. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

it differs from woman to woman.

personally, I like two styles. Either the rugged type, or the sophisticated type. I like cowboys and white collar boys.

I love my SO in a nice button down shirt, a nice pair of jeans and a nice pair of shoes. clean-shaven and hair fixed.

or, I like him in a comfy pair of jeans, and a sweatshirt and sneakers.

i would just go with what is comfortable for you. switch styles if you want, but don't go outside your comfort zone... if you do that, you'll look foolish in anything that you wear.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Because there is a forum specifically for discussing things metrosexual...

All girls are going to like different things on guys. If you are dressing to get a girl, then you are worthless. Dress nice for yourself, get clothes that make you feel better and more comfortable with yourself.

Don't let women dictate your wordrobe, that will end up being costly. A single females opinion on what a guy looks good in can change daily also.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

VERY good point. Nothing like a white guy in a dark purple suit:rofl:

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

just wear what youre comfortable in. if you arent at ease, it will show through. plus, any girl who dissmissed you based on brand or style isnt worth your time.

pay attention to hygein, things matching and fitting properly, and not going overbord on trends.

8. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

rule one. wear clothes that fit.

rule two. wear clothes that fit.

rule three. practice good hygein.

Make sure that your clothes match and fit. also, clothes look better the better you would look without clothes. the better your build build the better the clothes will look.

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

women like men who are comfortable in themselves and what they wear.

10. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

you can never go wrong in nicely tailored suits, find good fabrics and colors that look good on you. Your tailor will help you with this. there are a ton of great casual looks that can be pulled together from there as well, mock w/jacket, shirt/tie no jacket, shirt no tie/jacket. Dont ever wear jeans outside unless you are in highschool/college and just have no sense of style, or all you are doing is hanging out with friends at the local watering hole.

11. Mopar03

Mopar03 73-9 OT Supporter

:ugh:

12. low20

low20 Member

what the heck are you talking about? dont wear jeans ouside? thats prolly the worst advice you can give....u would be right if your gonna buy a pair of black wranglers or something, but if you get nice jeans you should definatley wear them outside....

13. hideon9

hideon9 The plane will take off.

:ugh:

14. Capt. Hammer

Capt. Hammer PM me for rates on express consent. OT Supporter

So fucking ignorant :jerkit:

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I just checked, and it looks like you're right that "the closet" includes metrosexuality as a discussion topic.

However, a metrosexual is "an urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle," and in the vernacular, "'metrosexuality' is considered a type of cultural appropriation of gay culture by straight men." The term is only ever applied, really, to straight guys, so it belongs here. Someone should inform the authorities.

I for one am interested in the responses we will get as I have rarely seen this topic raised here before so bluntly. As proof that there is content for us to discuss, I'll quote you:

16. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

My recommendation, and I might be wrong about this, is that I think the actual choice doesn't matter when it comes to picking a style - but you MUST have a style. As Red suggests, not all girls will like you even if you are pulling something off amazingly well, but I guarantee you will draw more attention for it nonetheless.

Just don't half-ass it. Casual counts as a style, contrary to whoever insists that jeans are a no-no. Metrosexual/urban counts as a style. Ghetto counts as a style. Hippy even works when it works. What you don't want is "some clothes." Walk around with badly fit khakis and a hoodie and then you suck a lot of monkey breast or whatever the kids say these days about people who suck a lot of monkey breast. Maybe the monkey breast is off topic but this is off topic and I think I made my point.

17. armond

armond New Member

Wear clothes that fit, but that just applies to things I wear. That is a rule I have for myself, if it is too baggy or is not going to "fit" then I won't buy it or wear it.

Hygiene, isn't it amazing how many people cannot spell this word? Anyway, clip/file your nails, cut your hair, shave your face(not necessarily all hair, just keep it clean), and trim the areas you have an afro growing from. If you have nose hairs, invest in a damn trimmer!

Brush them damn teeth, floss, use mouthwash. Get some decent cologne, remember it will smell different on you than straight from the bottle, it mixes with your oils. Get a decent deo, nothing too strong, just something that smells pretty good.

This stuff only takes about 10 minutes after getting out of the shower. Not like it is going to take you a long time to do this. If you make it habit to do it every few nights, then it will go fast.

I also seem to notice that a lot of women like button downs with VERTICAL stripes, not plaid. It can also help you out if you are slightly pudgy, seeing as vertical stripes make you appear slightly thinner.