Let's talk ephedra.... bad for you? I know the shit works

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Wobistdu, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

I used it for like a month in college. With cardio and lifting, I lost a ton more weight than without it. Then I got scared cuz of the whole people dying thing.

How bad is it for you when taken in moderation? I'd be looking to take it for like 2 months to drop about 40 lbs.

Comments?

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

well... IMO what you had is a lot more placebo effect then anything else. with that said - 40lbs in 2 months is a lot of weight in not a lot of time, with or without ephedrine.

ephedrine stacked with caffeine is a cheap, safe burner when taken correctly. learn your limits and slowly work your way up to 3-4x a day. make sure you are drinking shitloads (at least 1.5gal) of water every day.

just remember that losing weight happens in the kitchen. you can lift all the weight in the world and do lots of cardio, but if you diet sucks you ain't gonna see shit.

3. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

lol

4. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

:io:

5. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

i hear it weakens your heart valves... is this true?

6. Durk

Durk New Member

Ephedra raped my mother and killed my father :wtc:

7. enjoku

enjoku New Member

Not sure if this is true but rumours say that big drug companies blame ephedra for a few deaths of athletes taking it. They want to manipulate the supplement industry since ephedra is a cheap way to lose weight and smaller supplement companies were making huge profits selling ephedra. And bigger drug companies were selling more expensive less effective diet pills. Maybe ephedra is really not bad for you maybe its just greed. Afterall big drug companies control the FDA. Or at least has some say to what they do. Just an opinion. Xenadrine use be $30. per bottle Major drug companies charge diet pills at 2-6 dollars per pill. Also there is no long term study against ephedra.

8. nubian

nubian Active Member

people who died from ephredra were fucking stupid.

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Word..

..although the bad publicity sucks. I get shit from my wife and other family members for taking EC daily.. but whatever. It works, plain and simple.

10. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2002 May;26(5):593-604. Related Articles, Links

Herbal ephedra/caffeine for weight loss: a 6-month randomized safety and efficacy trial.

Boozer CN, Daly PA, Homel P, Solomon JL, Blanchard D, Nasser JA, Strauss R, Meredith T.

New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital and Columbia University, New York 10025, USA.

OBJECTIVE: To examine long-term safety and efficacy for weight loss of an herbal Ma Huang and Kola nut supplement (90/192 mg/day ephedrine alkaloids/caffeine). DESIGN: Six-month randomized, double-blind placebo controlled trial. SUBJECTS: A total of 167 subjects (body mass index (BMI) 31.8+/-4.1 kg/m(2)) randomized to placebo (n=84) or herbal treatment (n=83) at two outpatient weight control research units. MEASUREMENTS: Primary outcome measurements were changes in blood pressure, heart function and body weight. Secondary variables included body composition and metabolic changes. RESULTS: By last observation carried forward analysis, herbal vs placebo treatment decreased body weight (-5.3+/-5.0 vs. -2.6+/-3.2 kg, P<0.001), body fat (-4.3+/-3.3 vs. -2.7+/-2.8 kg, P=0.020) and LDL-cholesterol (-8+/-20 vs. 0+/-17 mg/dl, P=0.013), and increased HDL-cholesterol (+2.7+/-5.7 vs. -0.3+/-6.7 mg/dl, P=0.004). Herbal treatment produced small changes in blood pressure variables (+3 to -5 mm Hg, P< or =0.05), and increased heart rate (4+/-9 vs. -3+/-9 bpm, P<0.001), but cardiac arrhythmias were not increased (P>0.05). By self-report, dry mouth (P<0.01), heartburn (P<0.05), and insomnia (P<0.01) were increased and diarrhea decreased (P<0.05). Irritability, nausea, chest pain and palpitations did not differ, nor did numbers of subjects who withdrew. CONCLUSIONS: In this 6-month placebo-controlled trial, herbal ephedra/caffeine (90/192 mg/day) promoted body weight and body fat reduction and improved blood lipids without significant adverse events.

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

:werd: :rofl:

12. ChutUps

ChutUps New Member

ephedra if taken properly is pretty safe and also very effective check out drumlib.com, they have a ton of info collected on it.

13. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

Damn Ceaze, do some research or something why dont ya :)

14. JustBlazin

JustBlazin Ironic Punishment

15. xFREExDRUGx

xFREExDRUGx Guest

I used to take a gas station "asthma" straight ephedra pill with a Stacker 2 pill (225 mg caffiene weight loss pill) every day, after losing about 30 lbs and platueaing. I lost about 15 more, then stopped for "lent" (I was being a huge pill popper and figured I could lose on my own after that.) Big fucking mistake ... I've been stuck at this 45 lb weight loss plateau for about 3 months because my metabolism is totally shot, also my heart -- which was already fucked up, I have a 2nd degree heart block -- dropped about 5 bpm down to something like 40 bpm (a normal persons is around 70-80.)

All in all, it fucked up my heart and made it impossible to drop weight on my own. So, fuck.

16. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Ephedra doesn't downregulate your metabolism. Your plateau isn't due to EC :o But if you have a diagnosed heart condition and you were taking EC..that wasn't very smart.

Your plateau is very much more likely due to the fact that you lost 45 pounds- which is great btw!- and now your maintenance calories are less than they were before. You'll probably need to spend a few weeks not dieting, and then re-figure your caloric needs and start over.

17. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

Ephedrine fucks me up after I take it for a month or so. Coming off of it I sleep for like 3 days and get headaches randomly for a week. Happened 3 times now, I may be through with it, but I've got quite a bit left and I know I'll use it next cut :rofl:

Oh, and I stack 25mg with 200mg caffeine 2 or 3 times a day usually

18. nubian

nubian Active Member

i can take ec + redline just minutes before i go to bed and can knock right out.
    i'm weird like that i guess.

19. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I don't take it right before bed, but I'm so tolerant to caffiene now that I can take my last dose about 2 hours before bed and sleep fine.

20. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

im immune to caffeine

21. Ceaze

take 5 caffeine pills at once

22. el es dee

link to study?

23. Ceaze

wtf are you talkin about

24. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

bwhaha to study/ceaze's response.

the problems i've heard with ephedrine/ephedra are simple.

the problems are caused by one of two things, a history of heart risk (fatasses who are obese and want to lose weight) or people who use them in too high of dosages and fuck up their heart even though they're physically fit healthy individuals.

often the fatasses find they couldn't lose weight with the pills because their eatting is so fucked up they'd cheat thinking "it's alright, i'm taking ephedra". so they take more and more pills till they end up in the ER.

take it safely and you'll be ok.

25. el es dee

im foolin with ya man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.