lets talk about the Blue Oyster Cult

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Tk, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

and what amazing music they made.

every day at my old work place an employee / buddy of mine always had the BOC symbol somewhere on the whiteboard. also, on the ceiling he had a label that said "The amazing blue oyster cult 2000 -- DO NOT REMOVE THIS AGAIN" (dude is tall, 6ft 9)... anyway.... after ignoring these for some time i finally asked for a couple album suggestions and really got into the stuff.....

great song writing, funky riffs, good stories.... all around great content, and not just a song here and a song there.. the whole albums are very well done.

if you havent got into them id really suggest checking out their early work:
    Blue Öyster Cult 1972
    Tyranny and Mutation
    Secret Treaties 1974
    Agents of Fortune 1976
    Spectres 1977

each one of these albums (let alone spectres, i havent fully got into that one aside from the first track, godzilla, and the last track, nosferatu, so i cant say yet....) are amazing. check them out if youre looking for something unlike anything youve heard before.

this just in.... pre 80s albums only apply.... wow the 80s stuff is just that.... 80s stuff :sad2:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  2. shysterblack

shysterblack New Member

First and third albums are my favorites. Maybe it's some of that weird stuff, Sandy Pearlman was writting for them. Dunno....

3. EyeHateThis

EyeHateThis OT Supporter

I have their Best Of album, not a HUGE fan of BOC, but I like their music. Godzilla and Burnin' For You would be my favorites.

4. The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver 21st Century Schizoid Man