A&P Let's talk about RIP printing programs.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jared_IRL, Nov 14, 2008.

1. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I'm not sure if anyone here besides me uses a RIP program to print, but if any of you do or know any companies or people that do, I'm interesting in hearing opinions.

Right now, we use Colorbyte's Image Print here at the school, or everything from our 4880's to the 11880. It works fantastic, and the prints we do are amazing and consistant to the point that you don't even need to think about it.

I can go into more detail about how it works and why we love it if anyone cares.

But what I'm interested in right now are alternatives to Image Print. We're looking at adding a second choice for a RIP program to the print labs, or just removing Image Print and going with something else. The $1 to $3k per single seat license is one factor, and their customer service has been less than ideal lately...

So, who's using what? Anyone know what the big print houses use?

2. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

really? None of you?

wow.

3. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

Every print house I have been in has used the brand of rip that comes with their printer (usually a xerox box with xerox branded software on it)

4. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

We don't use any at Ohio State. We're that damn sweet. We can't even afford inks for our printers from week to week.