GUN lets talk about mp5 semi auto clone

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by s2k, Sep 25, 2008.

1. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

i kind want one

either that or 9mm ar

cant have sbr here though :(

2. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Well then that'll just look gay.

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

You talking about the GSG5 .22?

4. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I think he is talking Vector, Cohaire Arms, Special Weapons, bobcat, ect. Vulcan really isn't a clone it just looks like one. There might be one or two other's that I am not remembering at the moment.

I think the best clone as far as interchangeable parts out right now is the CA89, but I think they are changing to the CA93(or was it 94) that has some non-HK interchangeable parts.

Searching for any company will bring up plenty of complaints.

Since he is in a non-SBR state it would actually be a HK94 clone.

I'm pretty sure back in the day there used to be a member here who had a clone with all HK internals.

the CA89 goes for about 1200-1300 and that is 100% non-hk parts. You can get a demilled HK for about another 1300-1500 for parts, but its be better to buy piece by piece since I think the barrel is welded in place. I don't know what the demilled parts kit trigger pack is, Semi or full.

You could always build one from a flat, there are a couple companies that make flats, I forget all the companies, but there are a few. Supposedly occasionally you can find a flat that is made under contract from HK on the market, that plus a HK parts would give you a full HK gun, of course then you have to do compliance parts. Building dose require some welding.

I've thought about doing the CA89 pistol route (probably have to swap out for some HK parts to run 100%) file for a SBR and throw on a A3 style stock. That's when I have the cash burning a hole in my pocket.

To be honest if you didn't want an HK for some reason, I'd probably go for the AR platform, more manufacturers will less controversies surround them. You can build or buy a damn nice AR for the price of a HK94 clone and you can always change the upper and change the caliber, though I think there is one hk94 look-a-like that has a quick change barrel.