MIL Lets talk about females in the military

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Maffy29, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

This was inspired by the Air Force topic about the insubordinate soldier.

I know we all have worked with female soldiers. What is your opinion? As an office worker, I've worked with quite a few females. A few have been great and I would love a chance to work along side them again. However, I have worked with many who use being a female as a way to get ahead. For example:

A female in my section was given BAS and BAH because she made up a story about being a vegetarian and needing to cook her own food. Another soldier in the unit caught her at Outback Steakhouse with a big steak on her plate. Nothing happened because it was his word against hers.

Another female Sergeant was only given a verbal repremand by the company commander for leaving her CQ duty to go to a dance club with friends. She did not return for several hours, leaving the desk in the charger of a new Private First Class. She was also visably intoxicated. No punishment was ever given.

Anybody else agree that females get away with much more in the military than male counterparts?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  2. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

fixed

3. DaRkPhAnToM

its all about brotherhood in the infantry and it should be like that in the military as the whole

4. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

a female PFC in my unit was recently promoted to LCpl one morning. that afternoon when we were out in the compound arranging for embark, we had our blouses off. she was wearing a black MCMAP belt. black as in the MCMAP level of black. not only that she was wearing it wrong. when i asked her how she has a black belt as a PFC she told me it's because she liked how it looked with her cammies.

i once brought my camelbak to the compound and drank out of it. a corporal saw me and berated me, about how once we're in garrison we don't use camelbaks to hydrate. the females, of course do this all the time.

they don't get reprimanded as often and as harsh. but hey, they're females. when they get deployed all they have to do is get knocked up a couple weeks prior and they're discharged and then abortion afterwards :mamoru:

double standards but oh well.

5. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

:werd:

6. Mint Berry Crunch

Mint Berry Crunch Active Member

What's this about black and gray belts?

7. DaRkPhAnToM

usmc has different colored belts based on rank or something if i recall correctly... just another usmc coolness item

8. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

Look I have been in the military for over 21 years, this is an old fight, stuiped fight, I am a male, spent most of my time in the INF, Now in QM field. I have worked with out standing F and out standing M. I have worked with trash F and M. There are good and bad in both sexes. You the leader are the one who has to traine them. Get over it there hear and not going away. They wont be in the INF. But yes they have a place serving there country.

9. kidhero

[​IMG]

MCMAP is marine corp martial arts program. the belts designates your level of knowledge in said program MCMAP is a combination of karate, judo, and other disciplines of hand to hand combat.

10. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

Not that I know anything, but isn't it kind of pointless? Just because its fighting related doesn't mean you should get to wear the belt as part of your dress... it's pretty useless in actual combat terms... you could just as easily argue for belts for members of marine extra corricular sports teams

11. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

:rolleyes:

12. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

I'm pretty sure Adultery is in teh UCMJ.

13. DaRkPhAnToM

14. kidhero

it's along the same lines as jump wings or bubbles. it's a skill level that you attain and as such get something for recognition. since you don't even see the belts the majority of the time unless you take off your blouse, i'm not seeing your point. the MCMAP program is required for all marines and the skill level required for each additional belt isn't just some shit to sneeze at.