TAT Lets talk about dermal anchors

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by UNvisible, Feb 4, 2009.

1. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

Who has them? how painful are they? How hard are they to keep clean? Can you go swimming with them? I"m thinking of getting them in my hands. Thoughts?

Got one done today, not bad at all

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

i had 13; 10 from ear to sternum, 1 over vajayjay and 2 over tailbone. they're not painful; it's just like any piercing. they're easy as fuck to take care of. you can go swimming with them but not until they are healed... just like any other piercing.

all the ppl i know that have gotten them in their hands have had them reject but everyone is different.

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

what she just said.... except I had mine in my chest.

4. AF Rugby

AF Rugby Gun in my mouth, I pray for the sunshine

am i the only person that has no interest in piercings?? not even my ears.. odd...

5. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

No, you're not alone. I have my ears pierced but that's it. I'm heavily tattooed but have absolutely no desire to pierce myself. I can't figure out why people stretch their piercings either but each to their own.

6. Splak

Splak New Member

Out of all my piercings the dermal anchors were the easiest and quickest to heal. I've had them for almost a year and have had no problems with them.. Well, I irritated the fuck out of one when I snagged it on a lufa, but it was back to normal after a week.

I decided to go with dermal anchors because I heard so about so many surface piercings being rejected. Oh, my anchors are on my nape if you were wondering.

7. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

pics?

8. audrey

audrey New Member

There is a lot of movement on your hand. I took my cheek anchor out after it started to reject because I started wearing make up again.

9. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

[​IMG]

Hey dude. I didn't say much on that chat about them other than I had them but after 3 years they're finally rejecting. I cut one out about a month or so ago, the other two I'll probably do soon.

10. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I have two. One on my pubic bone and one on my chest. The one on my chest was rejecting then got tugged out. I had it redone and its rejecting again. The one down below is doing excellent. I like them.
    I may take out my nape bar and get it redone with anchors

11. melanie

melanie Linus > *

:wavey:

12. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Hey you :wavey:

13. fl0rine2

fl0rine2 New Member

i don't see how this could be a good idea. it looks cool, but looks like it would be too easy to get it snagged on something.

14. Splak

Splak New Member

[​IMG]

Taken w/ my iPhone..

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  15. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

that's a pretty sweet red x :coolugh:

16. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

pretty cool. I'm going tomorrow for a consultation

17. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

well i did it, looks just like turboedtwo lol

18. michelin man

michelin man IDB Construction

your boyfriend will enjoy it while y'all are playing that fisting game you always talk about.

19. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

How did the dermal punch feel? I haven't had one done that way yet.

20. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

why talk about your self in the 3rd person? :confused:

21. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

at least i did it first (on ot :o) ;)

i did what you did though, did one to see it stick and then got the other two a week later.

22. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

I wanna get a few more myself but right now I just don't have time for the healing process and the placement of where I want mine. Good luck with yours...

23. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I just took out the last 2. One pulled out some scar tissue with it. Either way, now I won't have to worry about them being infected all the time.

24. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Went to my piercer and he popped out my chest anchor since it was rejecting. I'm going back in a week or so to get it redone.

25. ryandavis88

ryandavis88 New Member

Anchor Info

Having been a professional body piercer for about 5 years now and anchors being an interest of mine(I've done about 400 of them to date), id like to throw together a few facts for people getting interested in them.

1. They aren't half as painful as you would expect. (When done properly you're looking at about 30 sec max of discomfort)

2. Anchors in "weird" spots.. ie hands, feet, shins, shoulders... can heal great on somebody that is familiar with piercings and can be super anal about not hitting them on things. (example: anchor on you hand or ring finger. looks awesome until you have to reach in your pocket for change)

3. Healing and staying time. They heal super quick, if youre like me and absolutely hate waiting months for a piercing to heal then these are great for you. You're looking at about a month of healing and around two months for them to be completely solid! As them lasting, I'm pretty much going to refer to #2 above. If you're familiar with piercings and can take care of them and be careful to not knock them around a bunch they will last indeffinatly. On the average I would say 1-2 years is pretty standard on these until people tend to start having problems.

4. Needle VS Biopsy Punch. Honestly both ways are viable and there really isnt a significant advantage of one over the other in the hands of someone that is experienced. I know amazing piercers that swear by the needle and they always come out great. Personally, i prefer using a punch but its really only because i feel more comfortable being accurate with one. The pain between the two is about the same. The needle being a little harder of a pinch but probably a little faster in the end and the punch being more of a consistent stinging with less of the pinch.

5. Scarring. Yes these scar, yes they will leave a mark (though small) Yes the scar is bigger than a piercing generally, yes you sometimes have to remove them as apposed to just taking them out(all depends on how your body heals and where its put. areas like your back and sternum are much harder to remove than areas such as under an eye)

Thats about it, hope this answers some of your questions or at least was an interesting read. If anyone has piercing questions, theres usually great advice on these forums or feel free to hit me up at piercingsbyryan/myspace.com