Let me preface this thread by saying I don't know shit about shit. RE: paint

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Fire Sauce, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

So I have a 2005 Crown Vic and it's.... maroon. The paint's in good shape but jesus christ what a fucking ugly color. I want to have it repainted but don't really know how to go about picking the right shop that won't fuck it up or something. Halp.

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Well, first off you should know that a color change paint job is not exactly an easy undertaking to get right, and not cheap to have done right. In order to completely cover all the door jambs, under the hood, in the trunk, etc. it is going to take quite a bit of disassembling and masking which can be time consuming.

My advice to you is that unless you're prepared to spend a few thousand on a paint job, I'd learn to live with the color or trade the car on something you like better.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

A proper repaint with color change will cost what the car is worth.

4. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

:hsugh: 12 grand?

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Man.....

Paint jobs are so different. I've seen shitty 10k jobs and awesome 300.00 jobs. Hell, the new California Ferrari had a worse paint job than my Ranger.

Me, I would shop around. Don't cut out Maaco. The one near me has a painter that retired and then went to work there for a solid income. He can do great stuff for the 300.00 service.

Just find a shop and get references. Take your time.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

2005 Crown Vic is worth $6500 tops. A proper repaint with a color change (door and trunk jambs, engine bay, etc is going to be in that price range to get at least OEM quality.

7. quamen

quamen New Member

It all depends on where you live, how much the paint job will cost. In my area to completeytly change the color of the paint, your looking at around 4 grand. Some cheap guys will do it for 2 grand, but expect a shit job. It is very time consuming to change the color of a vehicle properly. also that isnt a ugly color, you can get some serious depth out of a darker color like that. I love detailing that color, really stands out.

8. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

FML (ford/merc/linc) had some god awful colors those years. try to explain the silver/grey/green/tan color for 04 grand marks