A&P Let me allow myself to introduce... myself v. C&C

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by huntz0r, Apr 2, 2009.

1. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I have only lurked in this forum but I have been shooting more lately and decided I want to really work on making better images. So I thought it might be helpful to toss a few things out and let them rattle around.

These are a handful of the shots I like the best from the past few months (very little PP involved in most of these because Photoshop futzing doesn't really turn me on.)

Onward and upward from here I say..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pawis

pawis werd em up

hrmm, one way for us to help you critique your photos is if you maybe tell us what you liked about each of them, and also what you might have thought you could do differently to make them better.

just through a quick skim through them, ill be honest that they just arent all that interesting to me. nothing pops and says wow, "where was that" or "what was going on here". you seem to like landscape, but ill be honest that landscapes shots are so common, you really have to capture a moment, thats one of a kind to stand out.

3. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Snapshots, although #2 could have potential if the car wasn't on the side of the road, maybe if it was a longer shutter while it was driving down the road or something

4. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Thanks, I think I see what you mean. I will try to say a little about each. One thing I might add is, I don't have any training in graphic design which I am sure would help me make stronger images. The further I go with this the more things I see that suck in my photos so I guess that's good in the long run :hs:

#1 Admittedly sort of common. Maybe a different perspective would make it less "stock photo"... sometimes I guess I am just happy if the shot is technically pretty, even if it's artistically nothing special. I cut my teeth on some really crap cameras, heh.

#2 I just like the whole scene, the sign and the soft shading on the asphalt... hurley is right it needs a little something extra.

#3 What I like about it is the dilapidated look with the bits of newness stuck in, and the colors on the wall and lamp. I think it might be stronger from straight on, geometrically. I don't recall if I wasn't able to get a straight on shot or just didn't.

#4 I'm not at all sure why I like this one, other than it's kinda stark. I just kept coming back to it.

#5 The colors. I kept pulling the levels darker, and it kept getting prettier.

#6 I like the warmth and how the light plays across the rock. It may all be too subtle to stand out.

#7 The subject (sounds more narcissist than I mean), and how the mountain and sunset and clouds and con-trail are all visible in the reflection.

#8 Perspective and all the bold shapes. Might have been more effective from an odder angle.

The last two are silly pictures I know..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  5. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

:werd: was gonna say this.

6. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

#7 a greater degree of reflectivity would have helped... i.e. mirrored lenses.