Lesson for you men

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by radfad88, Nov 17, 2008.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

Last night while I was at work a group of semi-regulars came in. It was 3 of 5 guys that normally come in together, sometimes they have a really ugly girl with them but she wasn't there this time.

Anyway, when these guys come in I usually chat it up with em for a few minutes because they're total dorks and they seem nice enough. This time one of them (call him John) said they'd just seen Dark Knight at the dollar theatre in town and it got me going talking all about batman and the next movie and we were bouncing around ideas about what we *hope* they include, etc. One thing that I always notice about this group is that they always have this ONE guy (John) pay for all their meals together (talking 12" sub, and a large combo for every person he's with). I made a comment about it this time saying that they had a really nice friend to treat them like that all the time.

Next thing I know this guy whips out way more information than really needs to be shared "yeah, I take em out because I'm the one with all the money."

I say "Ah, cool well spread the wealth I guess, at least you're not greedy, heh."

He says "Yeah, I have about 75 grand in savings and investments, plus the weekly allowance from my inheritance"

Right then his friend chimes in "This is the kinda guy you want to marry! Do you want his number?"

I say "Uh, no thank you, I have a boyfriend."

He then says "It doesn't matter, does he have 75 grand? does he even have $75?"

At this point I'm really annoyed with the conversation and just say "No thanks, ya'll enjoy your food" and walk back to the breakroom.

Now, a few things you should note. This guy John is probably the "average" american guy. A little overweight, average looking overall though. Nothing that would make me super interested or super turned off, just a normal looking guy. I should also add that right up until this conversation, I actually had a pretty good opinion of him and thought he was someone I might one day like to get to know. We've had several converstations in the past about the army, batman, PS3, etc. that went really well.

My problem with the whole thing is not that he asked for my number and I had a boyfriend. I just think that the way he did it, flaunting his money as if any respectable girl would be seriously attracted by that was rediculous and showed just how low his self esteem really is. This guy, IMO, had AMPLE prior conversation topics to draw from. All the things we talked about that we had in commen could have been a basis for asking for my phone number but instead he chose to use MONEY to try and lure me in.

Thing is, this approach will probably wind up working for him more times than not, because there are a lot of DISrespectable women out there that would love to date some rich heir. But if this guy really wants to meet someone he can have a good relationship with (ie: "get married" as his friend mentioned) he needs to seriously shift his focus from money to the more important things he brings to the table. Like I said he seemed like a nice enough guy, he surely had a witty sense of humor and seemed pretty cool.

I know a lot of guys on OT probably have money and may in fact have problems talking to girls. My point is, don't do what this bozo did. Flaunting your money is only going to attract dumb gold digging bitches and scare away girls like me who actually give two shits.

kthanks. /rant.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:barf: I hate that guy

3. radfad88

Uhm I think he once said "on my 21st birthday last year", so 22 :dunno:

4. radfad88

Have you looked through some of the threads here in the Vag? Some of these guys need a little push to make sure they're not going down a path of fail.

5. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ps this is Rush

6. jonno

jonno New Member

7. radfad88

:love:high school friend :hs:

8. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

check out my thread a few posts down with my date with a milf :wavey:

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

And yet, YET, you would be better off with this guy than you would with your current boyfriend. :rofl:

But this thread is sort of like making a thread to inform us that the sky is blue or that water is wet. :mamoru:

10. radfad88

well OBVIOUSLY some people are oblivious to this or I wouldn't have had this guy make a total jackass out of himself.

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Like you said, though, flashing the cash is like a surefire way to get pussy. :dunno:

The guys who go in balling, cash flowing, tend to always walk away with some dumb slut.

It's going to be hard to convince guys that money isn't going to get them a great relationship, when you've got pure sluts throwing themselves at guys who HAVE money all the time.

12. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Money does attract women... its just I hope you have more than $75k or else she won't be around for very long.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

you still didnt dump your asshole bf?

i never mention money with women. especially in the beginning. and if a woman asks? goodbye.

:rofl: at mentioning money and inheritence. gonna attract a high quality woman who loves you for you that way :bowrofl:

posted from my phone sorry for typos and lack of capitalization

14. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

ugh I had a guy do this to me not too long ago, and I was so disgusted I just walked away.

Another guy I was talking to claimed he was in law school, but it didn't jive with his basic lack of knowledge about a lot of things he should have known. I could tell he was lying about it, and later I found out he's in community college.

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

So is he studying law at that community college?

16. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

nope. he was in his first semester returning to education, and studying communication.

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

more importantly, is that a husky in your av?? aww huskie aww :love:

18. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

. this shit really pisses me off

20. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

:hsugh: You said yourself, they came a lot and you never knew why he was buying.

you asked, he answered. Then friend went overboard trying to get his buddy a girl. Or just joking.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

If he was trying to brag, it's not like he can retire off of $75k. Plus if he's treating his friends all of the time to food who knows what else he buys for them. That money isn't going to last very long.

22. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

He volunteered information.
    The guy should have just let it be cool there
    Then he starts trying to impress.

Question though:
    Is that he the friend or the guy with the money?

23. BCIT

BCIT Guest

maybe he was just kidding around?

24. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

that's possible. maybe he's the guy who keeps losing office bets :rofl:

25. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

I think some of that stems from money leading to confidence. If you're walking into the club with a cool grand in your pocket, you're going to walk in with a different attitude than if you walk in with $40 bucks. Granted the actual fact that he has some money helps, but I'd dare say the attitude of said person changes also.

:rofl: @ thinking 75K is enough to be treating your friends to dinner often.