MMA Lesnar wants a UFC deal and calls out everyone

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by dengar, Aug 22, 2007.

1. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

A former NCAA heavyweight wrestling national champion and pro wrestling superstar, Brock Lesnar made his mixed martial arts debut in impressive fashion on June 2nd against Min Soo Kim. That fight was fulfillment of a one-fight deal with K-1.
    Now, the 30-year-old Lesnar wants to compete in the UFC.

With his collegiate wrestling accomplishments and pro wrestling popularity, Brock Lesnar is one of the highest profile free agents in MMA. Sporting an MMA record of 1-0, what Lesnar lacks in MMA experience, he more than makes up for in potential pay-per-view buys.
    Contacted by several promotions, Lesnar is tired of the run-a-round and is ready to ink a deal.
    "We're playing the games, but I'm tired of playing games,” stated Lesnar. “It's time for somebody to make a move. I'm going to go down to the UFC and see what the hell is going on down there."

Asked if he has talked to UFC President Dana White about his interest in competing in the Octagon, Lesnar answered, "We've spoken. I cannot deny or confirm anything. I'm just telling you this, I'm going to be there Saturday night and I'm looking for a win. I don't care who it is. If I had to fight somebody, I'd like to fight Randy [Couture]. I'll fight [Gabriel] Gonzaga. We'll see what happens."

He added, "I hope Randy wins that fight. I hope Randy wins that fight and then I can fight him in December."
    "I'm going to be attending the UFC this weekend, and I'm going to go down and watch and see in person, because I've watched these guys fight on TV. I'm going to go down there and see for myself and watch these heavyweights that I know I can beat," Lesnar told MMAWeekly.
    "I'm looking to fight somebody with credentials. I'm not just talking Silver Medals in Judo. I want a belt. I've fought a lot of tomato cans. I've already had it. You know? I want a fillet Mignon. Let's do it, and do it right. I want to fight somebody, somebody that's got credentials because I've got them too. There isn't a wrestler, there isn't a heavyweight out there my size that has done the things I've done."

Questioned if the UFC is where he'd like to eventually compete, Lesnar responded, "The UFC, they're the big dogs on the street, obviously. You've got Randy Couture, who he's definitely going to be past his prime here. You've got Fedor [Emelianenko]. There's nobody out there that is unbeatable. Okay? All the media builds Fedor into this great monster. Well, every monster has his day.

“There isn't a guy like me walking around that can do the things that I do. These guys, they don't know. Let's put it this way, in college, or everywhere that I've gone, everybody has said that I'm one strong son-of-a-bitch, and that's what I am, and I'm able to back it up."
    Lesnar has a wrestling resume that rivals or surpasses most everyone competing in MMA. We've seen accomplished collegiate wrestlers like Randy Couture, Matt Lindland, Josh Koscheck, and others succeed in MMA.

Does Lesnar believe he has the ability to have the same success?
    "Absolutely, no doubt in my mine. I mean, you take Randy Couture for example, I mean he's the heavyweight champion of the UFC, but he's a small heavyweight. Let's face it, Tim Sylvia was not a legitimate heavyweight champion," responded Lesnar.
    "I enjoyed watching Randy beat the sh*t out of Tim Sylvia. I enjoyed that. I mean take a look at this guy, Tim Sylvia, the guy’s feet; they're damn near webbed. He looks like the Swamp Thing. The guy is a vulture. He can't wrestle worth a crap. He's got a jab and a little right hand. There's no way. I'd double-leg his a** right through that cage so fast, and that would be the end of the fight. I'm tired. I'm tired of this. Brock Lesnar wants to fight somebody, somebody with credentials, and Tim Sylvia ain't the guy."

"I'm a fighter, and I believe that if somebody should be holding a belt in the UFC, it's Brock Lesnar."
    The UFC has negotiated with Kurt Angle to fight in the Octagon; it would only make sense for them to jump on the opportunity to sign Lesnar.

www.mmaweekly.com

2. dengar

Who are all of these "tomato cans" that he has beaten?

What kind of chance does everyone give him against the big 3 Fedor, Nog, & Cro Cop?

3. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Just what the UFC needs, a man with a penis sword on his chest

4. dengar

The penis mightier :dunno:

5. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Your sitting on a gold mine Trebek

6. aaaaaa

aaaaaa OT Supporter

i would pay to see him fight tim sylvia

7. dengar

There are a lot of match ups I would like to see him in.

If he signs I wonder who they will throw in there with him first?

He doesn't deserve an immediate title shot and it sounds like he is going to piss and moan if they try to give him a few build up fights.

8. roose

roose Guest

He'd be a HW shrek.

Lesner vs Barnett would be an interesting matchup. Barnett will go where Fedor goes though.

It'd probably be Herring vs Lesner.

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

give him a mean and determined CC.

10. dengar

I wouldn't mind seeing Cro Cop kick his head off.

11. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

even if he did sign a contract no reason for him to get a title shot right away

12. auto

auto New Member

He needs to work his way up the ladder like everyone else. He does have raw potential but he shouldn't get a fast track to success just because he has a name in the wrestling world.

13. Rob H

Rob H New Member

one fight against a guy with a sub .500 mma record doesn't give you title status, espescially with the UFC

14. dengar

There is only one person the UFC would give an immediate title shot to and we all know who that is.

15. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Let him fight Big Nog. Think Lesnar is stronger than Bob Sapp?

16. miek

miek New Member

No, but he has better technique. Sapp is just a big oaf.

17. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

:rofl:

18. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

That was hilarious. :rofl:

I would love to see Lesnar go against sylvia. He has so much confidence that he probably would destroy him :bowdown:

I wouldn't want him to go against Nog though...let him win a few and get cocky :mamoru:

19. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

I'm glad somethings happening this weekend. Its been too long :hs:

20. dengar

I want to see him shoot Nog right at the belt, get on top of him, and then watch Nog tie him into a pretzel.

21. dengar

In the back of my mind I am afraid of that.

22. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

Until I see Lesner eat a huge shot and not curl up like a ball, he's nothing more than a great college wrestler.

It's one thing to train and beat a nobody, but to eat punches for rounds is totally different.

23. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Jeff Monson would be a good fight for him 1st up.

24. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

25. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

[MASK] And his acting is top notch son [MASK/]:rofl: