Leopard or my PowerBook?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Jul 10, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm starting to get aggravated with my PowerBook. Lately it just seems to be getting more laggy by the day. I really don't get why. I've only formatted and started fresh when I upgraded to Leopard. In the past month it's just been really laggy and sketchy. I've had 1.5 gigs of ram for over a year now and it's never been like this.

For example, right now I only have Full Tilt Poker, Safari, and iTunes open. iTunes is downloading 2 podcast updates. It's lagging my system so much that I can't click on any buttons in Full Tilt Poker. I had to close iTunes to control Full Tilt again. A few months ago I could have Photoshop, iTunes, Lightroom creating previews, and Safari while surfing and it would barely slow the system.

I've done some maintenance with Onyx. I have 1/4 of my diskspace free.

I have so much on here and really don't have the time to set everything back up from scratch. I do have a time machine backup going, but I figure if I format and install Leopard fresh and restore the time machine backup, it'll just be the same. If I do install Leopard fresh, can I just pull things I need from the Time Machine backup?

Any other tips?