lend me your wisdom for a moment...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by phoenix1105, May 23, 2009.

1. phoenix1105

phoenix1105 New Member OT Supporter

Feb 22, 2005
    Long story short I spilled a bottle of Red Bull down the air shaft in my last gaming rig. I want another... here is some info to point me in the right direction. I have a laptop that I carry between home and work, a "beater" comp, with XP on it to play some of the older games. I mostly play stuff like Civilization, Diablo2, Doom3, first person rpgs, turned based strategy and real time strategy. I suck at FPS so I stay away from those.

I want something that will play most anything out now, and have the power to upgrade it later... The most power intense game I have at the moment is Empire Total War, Star Trek Legacy, or Runes of Magic. I also play Command and Conquer Series. Slowly I am getting into some of the Internet based MOO Games, like Magic The Gathering, Final Fantasy.

I want to use a dual monitor setup if that matters.?

I have a Case already Thermaltake Armor, speakers, keyboard, mouse. 4 GB of DRAM 3, CD DVD drives, and plenty of hard drives.

My budget is 2k tops. I am wondering about 32 Vs 6 bit OS, and which version of windows to buy. I also want 2 or more video cards

I was also thinking about intel's new l7 chip set, but that means new mobo, ram, and lots of $. I am looking for quality over price.

Can anyone throw some pieces that would work together. If you could link me to it, even better.

Thanks, Jason
  2. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

May 9, 2009
    doesn't sound like you want to do anything that would make your beater break a sweat