MMA Leites Vs. A.Silva in April v.yawn

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by roose, Dec 23, 2008.

1. roose

roose Guest

The bottom of the barrel has officially been scraped.

Leites has fought one guy of note (marquardt) and while Leites 'won' that fight he really didn't.

Is the UFC scared that Okami might actually have what it takes to beat A.Silva? Okami would be the most unexciting champ in the history of the UFC, but he's earned a shot.

Yes Okami and Lister are fighting on Saturday, but that would still give about 3 months of recovery time.

Hopefully this rumour is subject to the results of the Lister-Okami bout, because Leites vs. A.Silva is boring.

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

couldnt agree more.

Marquardt
    Okami
    Gouveia
    Kang
    and gasp... ...Bisping

all in mind mind would be better and more worthy fights

3. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

would be a nice upset if leites could pull some ninja stuff on the ground

4. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

ya thats complete shit, Silva has stated he only wants to fight the best in the world in any weight class and they give him this shit. Fuck that.

5. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

6. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

punishment for fucking around with cote

7. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

That's what Dana gets for giving someone like Silva a cote. Silva had everything to lose in that fight and nothing to win. If there is no top competition in his division he has already stated and whooped ass at light heavy weight give him more fights their, dont give him another fight he has nothing to prove.

8. JoeyGladstone

JoeyGladstone New Member

Wasn't his next fight supposed to be at 205?

9. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

:O wow, this shit is gayer than BCIT handsome thread.

10. roose

roose Guest

At least Cote earned the fight by beating Almedia.

Leites 'lost' the fight against Marquardt. So one fight removed from a loss and he might get a title shot.

When you look at things closely, the key is Drew McFedries.

Beat McFedries and get a shot.

11. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

If you check my record even i have a win over drew :eek3:

12. ZSPTurbo

ZSPTurbo New Member

they really need to put anderson in a couple super fights at 205 while they let the 185 pound division work itself out... maybe do a little unofficial 4 man tournament like they did with the heavyweights. There are a TON of really talented fighters in the 185 pound division, but nobody has set themselves apart as a deserving contender... YET

The tourney is the way to go. Name one fighter on this list who wouldn't deserve a title shot after beating 2 others on the list:
    Kang
    Bisping
    Okami
    Gouveia
    Maia
    Dan Miller (Don't hate just cuz he comes from the IFL...)
    Leites
    Sonnen
    Lister
    Marquardt
    Cote (I think he deserves a rematch if he can beat one more good fighter)
    Henderson (If he wins two more after palhares, I think he deserves another shot)

Now I'm a big Spider fan (I train at team nogueira, formerly Nogueira & Silva MMA before andersons mother died and he went back to brazil), but I have to be honest and say that anderson is far from having cleaned out the weight division. Honestly, he basically beat henderson, franklin and marquardt... Lutter sucks and Leben was still a bum when they fought. In my eyes (the eyes of a big anderson fan) he's still got a lot of work to do, and I can NOT WAIT to see it.

13. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Yeah I really thought that okami was next in line but shit that sucks. Bisping they have been building up for ever I thought he would be up there and Denis Kang I mean come on !!!

14. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

3 months might not be enough recovery time for Okami. No one has any idea what will happen this weekend. I'm sure they just wanted to go ahead and sign a fight for Silva rather than waiting around to see what happens with Okami.

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I love Lister, but the odds of him hurting Okami are slim to none (barring a broken hand on his dome).

IMO, have Silva fight at 205 now, then have him fight Okami, dude has well deserved it.

16. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah in for okami rematch

17. roose

roose Guest

He's a BJJ blackbelt under Nog. :dunno:

18. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13558/anderson-silva-vs-thales-leites-not-yet-official.mma

Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites not yet official

by John Morgan on Dec 24, 2008 at 2:30 pm ET
    [​IMG]Despite multiple reports to the contrary, a potential UFC 97 middleweight title clash between champion Anderson Silva (23-4 MMA, 8-0 UFC) and Thales Leites (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) has not yet been made official.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was informed late last night by sources close to Silva that the 33-year-old has not yet signed a bout agreement for the proposed Montreal card.

While Leites has recently told several media outlets he has signed a contract for the as-yet-unannounced April 18 date, it is currently clear that Silva has not.

The sources would not elaborate on what may be causing any potential delays in the champion's commitment to signing the contract, only that the bout was not yet a contractual guarantee. It may simply be a matter of reviewing the document, as Silva's camp did not even receive a copy of the contract until yesterday afternoon.

If Silva does accept the bout, it will be his first defense of the UFC middleweight title since the odd occurrences of his October clash with Patrick Cote.

Silva has also been widely rumored to be considering a 205-pound bout to follow up his performance in a July knockout of light-heavyweight James Irvin.

For his part, Leites has confirmed to multiple sources that he has signed for and accepted the potential bout. Andre Pederneiras, leader of Leites' Nova Uniao camp in Brazil, also recently assured the Brazilian-website Tatame.com that his student had accepted the fight.

"Thales already signed the contract and the fight happens April 18," Pederneiras said.

John Morgan is the lead staff reporter for MMAjunkie.com.

19. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

I think it was sarcasm but most of his posts are fucking retarded like he is so i i dunno.