Legs

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Stugots, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stugots

Stugots OT Supporter

I have been working out off and on for a few years now, and have just started to become dedicated to working out for the past 2 months. I have a good routine (a push/pull plan) and work out 4 days a week for about an hour a day.

I don't really pay to much attention to my legs however. I find when ever i do exersises like leg presses, my knees get really sore the next day. In fact, I think my knees in general are not very good because whenever I move in/out off school, I feel them getting really sore the next day from all the lifting.

Is this common? Should I not do leg exersises, or should I do leg exersises to build up my knees so they won't get sore?

2. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

leg presses are extremely hard on the knees because of the position you're in and the fact that you put so much strain on them at the start and at the end to get the weight started if its a high weight.

You should focus on less impacting weight, the leg curls and the like work wonders for helping out strengthening the knees, while still giving you a fairly decent workout, but it keeps the strain off the knees and can work things a bit differently depending on the position of your feet. Just keep the stabilizer bar above your knees not on them or you'll be in just as much pain :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.