GUN Legality of ASP in New York

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by moocat, Nov 9, 2004.

1. moocat

moocat hello there OT Supporter

Is it legal for someone in NY to carry around an ASP type baton in their car/house? What about on their person?

2. oakie

oakie my ninja.

so, as the weapon in question is a type of "bludgeon" as defined by New York State laws, you would be guilty of misdemeanor criminal possession, 4th degree. this is whether the item is in your immediate possession.

as for in your car, if NY defines your car as an extension of your household like as in Florida, Louisiana, or Texas, then you may carry the weapon in your car.

if NY defines your car as an extension of your person, like any of the many liberal east and west coast states, then you may NOT carry the weapon in your car.

3. moocat

PL 265.15-3:

3. The presence in an automobile, other than a stolen one or a public omnibus, of any firearm, large capacity ammunition feeding device, defaced firearm, defaced rifle or shotgun, defaced large capacity ammunition feeding device, firearm silencer, explosive or incendiary bomb, bombshell, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckles, chuka stick, sandbag, sandclub or slungshot is presumptive evidence of its possession by all persons occupying such automobile at the time such weapon, instrument or appliance is found, except under the following circumstances: (a) if such weapon, instrument or appliance is found upon the person of one of the occupants therein; (b) if such weapon, instrument or appliance is found in an automobile which is being operated for hire by a duly licensed driver in the due, lawful and proper pursuit of his or her trade, then such presumption shall not apply to the driver; or (c) if the weapon so found is a pistol or revolver and one of the occupants, not present under duress, has in his or her possession a valid license to have and carry concealed the same.

Guess that answers my question :dunno:

4. oakie

oakie my ninja.

i like quick, factual answers. :bigthumb:

5. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

how about commiefornia

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

What you want an ASP for anyway?

7. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

i carry a nancy kerrigan stick in my truck, never know when you may need it. popped a few windows with it and knocked the crap out of a dog that kept lunging at my girlfriend, all depends on situation i suppose.

8. S10XtremeNLow

S10XtremeNLow Active Member

i don't mean to sound like an idiot, and i know i am going to.... but can someone put that into english for me?

is it legal to carry in the car? carry on person?

9. moocat

No and no. Only keep in the house.

10. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

:rofl::bowdown::rofl:

11. S10XtremeNLow

S10XtremeNLow Active Member

what is 4th degree misdameanour (sp) like how bad is it