SRS Legal Problems due to addiction

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Blue Apples, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Blue Apples

Blue Apples New Member

I am currently on a program called Pre-Trial Diversion for a charge I got back in Sept. 04 (Disorderly Intoxication).

It's pretty stressful because I have to go to these groups (I already go to NA 5 days a week in addition to seeing a Psychologist once a week) and they charge me $20 a group. Every time they give me a randon drug test it costs $25. I have to go to a MADD class (another $35) plus pay a $150 fine and do 25 hours community service.

I'm well aware that it is my responsibility (no one else got me here but me) yet at times I still feel resentful at the courts because they don't seem to care that I have a life (work, meetings, seeing my 10 year old son every other weekend) not to mention that I'm 4 months pregnant and already stressed because of that.

Yesterday I had to go to the courthouse to pick up the paper work to take to LabCorp. I don't drive so I left my house at 9am to take the bus. Taking the bus is like riding a horse and buggy. I get there and couldn't fill the cup enough so they made me drink water for a half hour and of course then I couldn't STOP peeing. Have you ever tried to ride the bus for a half hour with full bladder? I had to get off the bus before I got home just to use the bathroom then wait ANOTHER hour for the next bus.

Needless to say, I was inconvenienced but I went to a meeting and felt better.

Anyone else here have similar problems? :bowdown:

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

i cut out the unnecessary parts

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Funny how that works, huh? Same thing just happened to me

4. Phish Esq.

Phish Esq. New Member

You know, that does suck. I've been through similar. Though, if there had been no consequences for my using, I doubt I would be clean today.

5. kittencleo

kittencleo New Member

be glad that's all you got, i have to do much more but meetings make me feel much better. i finally realized what a selfish bitch i am

6. Blue Apples

Blue Apples New Member

I am grateful for the consequences now because I'd probably still be out there if someone had not intervened.

And yes, it does suck to realize how selfish we are!