Legal Crew in here v. New Car

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by popsnbeer, Mar 6, 2008.

1. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

Okay...I'm greedy.

I just bought a vehicle this weekend for $13,995 that had a $500 rebate included. (Selling price $14,500 and $13,995) after rebate.

I receive call from sales manager of said dealership today. He wants me to re-sign a sales form because of a rebate error on their part.

Manager states that this new sales slip will not alter payments or selling price at all.

However, he continues to say that there was a $2000 rebate that was supposed to go to the customer when the car was purchased. He wanted me to sign the sales form raising the "price" of the vehicle to $16,500 (of course minus the 2,000 rebate and 500 rebate bringing it back down to $13,995)

He continues to state that the price of the car is not going up, but the dealership needs to adjust the vehicle list price do to a misconstrued rebate. (The dealership initially thought that they were getting the $2,000 rebate for them, thus equaling the same price of $16,500.

Pretty much the dealer thought that the rebate was supposed to go to them, and it turns out that it is supposed to go to me (the consumer).

I told the manager I will not sign the form until I think about it more.

My thoughts are that because they sold the vehicle to me for $14,500 minus $500 rebate (no $2,000 rebate ever mentioned), I am still entitled to that $2,000 back to the customer.

What does OT think? :eek3: Can I get my $2,000???

No cliffs! Sorry!

2. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

I doubt they will let you have it. I'm sure they'd rather no one get it.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I would call the manufacturer's corporate help line. You agreed on a selling price with the dealer -- $14,500... Any customer-rebates not 'signed away' are YOURS.

4. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

what kind of POS did you buy that cheap?

ibfordranger

5. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

patriot. For the wife and she loves it. Regardless of if it's a real Jeep. It fit the profile she wanted and the price point we wanted.

Small SUV
    Good gas (first tank we got 26.5mpg)
    Room for 5
    Place for groceries :)mamoru:)

6. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

yeah...I called the corporate line and they do not know anything about a 2k rebate. They said that it could be at the regional level though and they don't have access to those.

They stated that I would need to contact a local dealer to find out what regional rebates they have.

7. IslanderOffRoad

i don't get it. in the other thread you're saying what an awesome car buyer you are. in this one, you didn't know shit about a rebate available in your region. check edmunds.com, they show alot of them there. if not, call the dealer, tell them you're looking to buy one and ask what the rebates are.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:rofl: :werd: :rofl: :werd: :rofl: :werd: :rofl: :werd: :rofl: :werd: :rofl: :werd:

I didn't notice this is the same guy as the other thread. he is CLUELESS about car buying. It's sad he was telling someone else how what to do, lol.

9. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

lol....the dealership just called asshole. I just got my car for 2k less than before.

How's that for a good deal?????

(ass)

It sounds like your prized dealership fucked up and the consumer finally won a battle!

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

That's because they are legally obligated for doing that. You agree on a price for the vehicle, and any consumer rebates apply AFTER that price.

You're a fucking idiot for not knowing how it works. And that's not really a big deal -- but it's hilarious because you're claiming to be some "expert" car-deal negotiator... But you don't know jack shit about it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go to www.fox.com and watch the latest King of the Hill.... It's right up your alley. Hank Hill thinks he's this bad-ass car-buyer... Then peggy finds out he's gotten ripped-off with every car he's bought.

11. IslanderOffRoad

congrats. sounds like they did something honest instead of trying to fuck you.