GUN Legal Advice - Can I own a gun with a felony?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by og5, Oct 19, 2005.

1. og5

og5 New Member

When I was a minor I did something retarded and was convicted of 2nd degree robbery of a federal institution (no weapon involved) Since then I've had my record sealed and no other offenses of any kind. My questions is even with my record sealed, will I have problems attempting to buy a gun? Are there any other issues i should be concerned about? I am in california by the way.

Thanks

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

As a minor, you cannot commit a felony, barring certain things like murder and such. If you were tried as a minor and not as an adult, it was not a felony. It was a juvenile offense, and by FEDERAL law, is not factored into your status, nor into NICS checks on criminal background. Juvenile records are typically sealed for people looking into them from the outside. I do believe that Law Enforcement officials can access them, however. You live in CA. If you plan on owning any firearms, you should probably move anyways, but if you plan on buying a firearm in CA, check your own state laws. Don't ask people on the internet for legal advice, because if you end up in jail because you listened to them, you can't swap places with them.

3. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i dunno, in california they'd probably try to fuck u over somehow.

4. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:werd:

if you want a real answer, call the local PD or sherriffs office and ask them if you can legally own a gun

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Don't tell them your name, though.

6. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

if you are over 18 call a lawyer and have it taken off your record (it doesnt automatically go away after you become an adult)