MIL Leaving tomorrow BOLC II @ Ft. Sill

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nolecdt, Jun 3, 2009.

1. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

It's going to take me three days to drive there from Ft. Lauderdale, and I report Sunday. I just hope it's not as :greddy: as LDAC was. I'm in Delta Co. too, which I've heard is the worst :wtc:. Anyone want to give me the lowdown on what to expect?

2. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

should only take you two days you vagina
    i stopped at a beezy of mines house in pensacola. What route are you taking? BOLC II is much gayer than LDAC, but youll have alot more liberty, like on weekends, so there you go.
    Just expect uber gayness and enjoy yourself. Go to OKC if your single on the weekends, or hit up Scooters/Gerts to get the full trashy Lawton experience and have a good laugh when you get back home.
    Whats your branch? Where are you getting stationed?

3. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

I'm stopping in Tampa tomorrow night at my gf's place, then driving up 19 to I-10 and taking that all the way up to Pensacola through Shrevport and finally Sill. I'm branched Armor and stationed at Ft. Hood.

4. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

The town itself is a shithole.

5. RecklessYouth

RecklessYouth godamnlurker

I was in Delta a couple years ago. BOLC II is too easy. 4 weeks of PT in the morning and classes all day. 3 weeks of field problems. Your done by 1700 every day and have weekend off. Oh, and you can even have alcohol in your rooms. Try not to get stabbed by the locals in Lawton and dont get crabs from any skanks at CW Scooters.

6. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

Delta company is turning out to be the company everyone wants to be in. Charlie is pretty strict. In-processing is the worst.

7. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

ill be alpha in 28 days

8. raand

raand New Member

From what I understand the town that Ft. Sill is in has one of the highest STD rates in the country... sooo stay out of that...

gl and hf I hope to go to benning for my BOLC 2 we will see though

9. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

It's pretty nasty in Lawton. A while ago an LT was stabbed in a bar, and one stopped on the side of the road to help a guy with car trouble and got shot. There was even an LT who got tasered by the local police in a bar :rofl:. BOLC II at Sill is turning out to be nice compared to what I hear happens at Benning. Delta company is really chill and the cadre are really laid back. Just bring a few good books to read while you're waiting around.

10. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

What the fuck! Fucking Lieutenants.

11. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

:militaryofficers:

12. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

you would figure spelling would be a class in college.

13. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

:lol

14. MumblingJoe169

do you know what unit and brigade yet? Im stationed at Hood and was attached to an armor unit for the longest. You're gonna love it! Well, your job. I dunno how much you'll love Hood, but at least I can give you the low down on the place once you finally get there(which will probably be close to our return from Iraq).
    Yea thats one of the routes I used to take to Sill. Have fun getting drunk and looking at fat bitches at Scooters. I recommend hanging out at Gert's or Mikes Sports Bar and staying as far away from Scooters as possible.

15. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

Oh Jesus, I just got back from Gerts. Those women were DTF...:barf:But I don't know what brigade yet. I just know I'm going to 3d ACR. I can't wait to get this stuff over with and get into a tank. What should I know about Hood?

16. Julius

Julius Guest

it's funny, i've heard this at fort gordon, stewart, benning, rucker...

17. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Whats your name? My buddy is at Sill and I can call him and tell him to look out for you and introduce you to the bars.

18. MumblingJoe169

:rofl: I probably hooked up with a few of those. don't blame me, i did BOLC II and III there.
    Anyways, 3ACR is legit. Much better than 1CD from what I hear. Hood sucks. don't live in Killeen. Im probably moving to Belton when I get back. There's nothing in fucking Killeen. Austin is the tits, but its about an hour away. The traffic getting on post is nuts. Wont seem so at first, but when all the 1CD brigades start coming home around november, your gonna wanna kill yourself when you're trying to get to work.

19. Burrito10

Burrito10 New Member

lawtonfucking sucks. im on pasds right now about to graduate 13F AIT and lawton fuycking sucks, only thing to do is get drunk at hotels lo.l.

20. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

So is this like boot camp or basic training for Army officers? Do they line you up and yell at you a lot?

21. good luck man

22. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

Na, that's what BOLC I is for, whether it be ROTC, OCS, or Westpoint. Here at BOLC II we're already commissioned officers so we're accorded the treatment that O-1's and O-2's are expected to recieve. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't get your ass chewed out by an NCO for fucking up. It's nice getting nights and weekends off though. :bowdown:

23. MumblingJoe169

Lawton isn't that terrible. You're just an E-fuzzy and can't do shit but get drunk in hotel rooms. When I was at pass at leonard wood in 2000, thats all i could do, cause i was 18.

24. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

I have to disagree, Lawton is terrible.

25. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

as of last july, booze was banned from being in the company footprint. the bar over by the dfac makes their own beer so it's not the state mandated 2.3%, i think it's that low, alcohol content.

they should have internet in the rooms now, it was just getting installed the last week i was there.

lawton is meh, they have a buffalo wild wings and a decent movie theatre.

OKC is worth the drive, i think it was a little more than an hr. Citywalk, Sky Bar, I can't remember all the other bars. Either way, it's a very nice change from Lawton and it's close. I went there every weekend I was at BOLCII.

If you're going beyond OKC you gotta fill out a pass. Make sure you get it in early.

The MP's there will sit in their cars looking through bino's for people talking on their cell's.

Lastly, the "field" isn't bad at all. M-F and shipped back on the weekends. It's awesome.

GL