Leaving in 6 weeks, good product to use in these 6 weeks?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by BrownWalrus, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

Well i'm leaving in 6 weeks for my vacation...i will be gone from July 15-Sep 3. I'm gonna be going to my country and my goal is to surprise everyone there. Last summer, i was basically just skinnyfat, around 165-170lbs or so, no muscles whatsoever, nothing. I had nothing to show. I think i've made awesome progress so far (started working out pretty seriously around jan-feb). I wanna train as hard as i can these last 6 weeks and just really improve everything as much as i can. I was thinking of ordering a PWO supplement. There seems to be a split decision on these, some people hate it and some people love it. I tried Primal N20 and thought it was great, then again....i only tried the sample once and i think the sample had 2 scoops worth in it, and it being my first PWO supplement and me having no tolerence to stims or caffeine or anything probably made it seem better than it was supposed to be. I also tried White Flood, that was pretty good too and there's a lot of servings in it, i just hate drinking 32oz of it, and i've tried Red Blast though that just didn't do it for me :( I just didn't feel it as much.... Lastly, i have never tried NO Xplode and by no means am i gonna start using it regularly, or any of these, but it would seem like something decent to use for these last 6 weeks, i just don't know how well it compares to the other PWO supps i've tried. What do you guys think? Is there anything that would be better to order?

Cliffs: Leaving in 6 weeks, wanna train really hard these 6 weeks and was thinking of ordering a supplement to help me train extra hard, like a pwo supp.

2. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

train hard without the pwo supp?

3. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

I could, but then again...i always did wanna try a full pwo supp for a month or so, finish it, and see if it's really worth it and how well it works.

4. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

All you need is simple carbs and protein nig. If you want to impress them, cut down so all your muscle is showing.

5. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

I did, i'm around 139-140lbs, 5'6 and guessing around 11-13% bf

I figured the PWO supp would be good because the times i have tried the samples for these things, i had the best workouts...so much focus and energy, good pumps (though i don't always look at pumps for how well i'm doing in the gym, still feels nice though)

I also figured that if i used a good pwo supp for these 6 weeks, i would get the energy/focus,etc i need to really progress as much as i can in these last 6 weeks

6. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

Better question.

What would be the best supplement to order if you have 6 weeks to make the best progress you can make?

Are there any? Already using Protein, Multis, Fish Oil and CEE...

Or am i just being stupid and trying to throw money away for no reason :wtc:. I just thought a PWO supp would give me the energy/focus and whatever the hell else to squeeze out more performance out of me in the gym these last 6 weeks, thus giving me a bit more progress in the end...

7. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

^it could help, but you should be able to work your hardest just on your own, na mean?

8. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

yeh nigga

but still you know just to push that extra mile am i rite?

9. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

you have been working out to short of a time and should be noticing most of your gains from being a new lifter and nothing really supplment wise. Plus there is no such thing as a magic pill.

When was the last time you changed your entire program around? What program are you using?

What else is your diet/lifestyle look like? The best pre-workout routine in the world won't do shit if you can't get the rest of your diet in check especially eating proper portions, proper food, postworkout nutrtition, even down to proper sleep.

10. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

Well, i am 17 years old, 139lbs and 5'6. My current lifts look like this:

Bench: 190
    Squat: 280
    Deadlift: Not sure, have not been doing these much at all, only done em a hand full of times but i know i can rep 225.

I am using Pur's routine and have been using it since around....early march or so. Before then, i didn't really have any set routine and didn't do anything, just worked on whatever i felt like....

Diet is something like this.

6:30am - Instant Organic oatmeal (i'll switch to old fashioned oats soon, it's just...they taste like shit and i don't really wanna add a bunch of stuff to em, maybe some cinnamon will do) with 3 eggs (only eat the eggwhites) and maybe some almods.

10:40am (this is when i have lunch at school) - Usually a sandwich with a piece of wheat bread, turkey slices and a slice of cheese with almods)

2:45pm (get back from school) Will have chicken breasts or fish with some cottage cheese and maybe some vegetables like tomatoes/green beans/cucumbers/mixed vegetables/carrots, etc

4:30-5:00pm around the time i go to the gym, i usually just eat something light like a snack, maybe even a banana

after i come home from working out, i'll quickly drink a protein shake with 1-2 scoops and my cee, then about 30mins or so later i'll have my next meal which is usually something like my 2:45pm meal, and at around like 8-9pm i'll have something light and cottage cheese and another shake or 2.

This is just what i came up with from the back of my head, it's not like this every day either and there's probably things i'm missing...it's to give an example.

Lifestyle? Uh, usually just school and don't do too much on weekdays (this is during school) besides playing games and going to the gym, sometimes will go to the pool with friends or see a movie. On weekends, i do my last workout on friday and i'll go out with friends and do whatever activities...i usually try to keep it clean but sometimes there will be alcohol or something, i never really try to get too far with anything and i try to avoid bad food, but if i do...i'll consider that my cheat meal. As for sleep? I don't sleep that much...on weekends i do since it's the weekend, but on weekdays, i'll get maybe 4-6 hours of sleep. Will be getting a lot more since it's summer though.

I know there isn't a magic pill. Trust me, i actually like to read up on everything and i do pay attention to a lot of things, i'm not completely clueless with things or i would be using crap like muscletech. It's just, as i've mentioned, the few times i have used a pwo supplement, it really got me focused and energized for gym so i figured it would be something to consider using for 6 weeks...and i would get to see for myself it it's worth actually buying these things.

11. chickenadobo

chickenadobo New Member

redblast wouldn't hurt.

12. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

I've tried it...even tried it at the highest recommended dosage (7 pills @ 139-140lbs). It just didn't do for me what other pwo supps, like primal/white flood did. I know it's not designed to give you that wired/energetic feel, but that's what i actually want from these things.

Between White Flood, Primal N20 and No Xplode, which one which you recommend?

13. turbage

turbage New Member

dbol

ibban

14. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

:noes:

but i'm only 17!

Seriously can someone just tell me which of these they would recommend?

NoXplode - Primal N20 - White Flood? I'm leaning towards No Xplode..never tried it but heard very good things about it, and very bad...wellz

15. chickenadobo

chickenadobo New Member

i've tried a serving of white flood as well. had a lot of energy.

16. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

Definitely. PrimalN20/White Flood seemed to be pretty good for what they were supposed to do. The thing with red blast is, it definitely gave me more strength and focus, but the product itself doesn't give you the energetic feeling that i seek, the "omg i'm pumped to go work out!" feeling, it only does so about 20 minutes after you take it then it diminishes...it's not supposed to be that kind of supplement. I guess it just depends on the person :dunno: I myself want the whole psyched feel heh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.