MIL leaving for army boot camp friday 9/28

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by drklrdbill, Sep 25, 2007.

1. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

any suggestions on things that would help me out by bringing? my recruiter is pretty worthless and i was wondering if there was a packing list. i know i can't bring anything like books or magazines or tobacco (ahhh) or anything really.

i'm heading to fort knox, and i really hope I don't get screwed with a shitty MOS (because i was ex-ROTC, they had to give me MOS unassigned due to Cadet command regulations as well as being an E1, yet I got a 99 on the ASVAB, and am a college graduate, so hopefully I get E4 with a medical MOS like I want).

let's just hope my knee holds up. i'll let you guys know how I do.

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Betty Big-lips Deluxe Blow Up Doll

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Good running shoes, find a runners store in your area and have a pair fitted. Spend as much money as it takes.

4. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

always spend the money for a good pair of running shoes, your legs will thank you

wash-ez = teh lose for getting stains out
    don't use those greenish towels you're issued, they're practically waterproof so you'll still be soaked after drying off.

5. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

wash-eze suck,if you knee gets really fucked tell your DS , bring one of thoes fuzion razors witha bunch of extra blades and shaving creme , bar of soap. soap dish, tooth brush holder. keep quiet and dont stand out unless your really on top of your shit. get as much sleep as you can before you go to your company(at you replacement barracks) run a little(at least 2 miles) and do a few push ups now and some sit ups. dont fall asleep in the stupid first week of briefings drink water to stay awake(cuz a full canteen off the side of the head hurts but it is hilarious to see it happen to some one else)

6. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

So am I reading it right, that you are a college graduate with a 99 on the asvab, and your going enlisted in the army as open contract? Umm..why again?

7. I hope you get 4th plt mad dogs hahahahaha. If you do say hi to SDS Rios for me.

8. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

You guys can bring shit with you to bootcamp?

9. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

you wanted to only enlist? or you wanted to go officer?

10. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Enjoy it and good luck

11. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

Because I got disenrolled from ROTC after 7 semesters (3.5 years) for sucking at running for the PT test (mostly due to that knee injury, but i was off/on, yet still did alright on the running, yet the Brigade commander had a target on my back, because he thought i was just tying to slip through the system).

And I didn't want to do OCS, because I doubt I'd be able to get medical service corps (which is all I would really want officer-wise until I go to med school). Plus, cadet command requires that I go in as MOS-unassigned, which is lame, but I don't really have a choice (I owe 4 years active duty due to ROTC)

12. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

And I just found out today my ship date got moved to Monday.

13. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

yo, ironically i was in B Co 1-46 (today is family day, tomorrow is graduation, my knee survived somehow). I was a 2nd PLT Commando though, but SDS Rios is still there, he's pretty cool, my DS were not so much.

Oh, and I also won the Abram's Award, cuz I rule.

Man, I missed the internet

14. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Welcome back!

15. I dunno about "cool" but yeah he's something. Who were your DS? Is CPT Brandstetter (sp?) still there? How was agony, misery, and heart break? Is DS Patten still there?

16. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

SDS Rios knew his shit, and he'd get in your face if you were fucking around at all. The only thing that was really annoying was his obsession with dress right dress during chow. Honestly, that was so dumb, everyone sitting indian style out in the field.

My DS were SDS Gazelle, DS Ingram, and DS Sommer. This was SDS Gazelle's first cycle as a senior drill sergeant. He cracked me up, everyone outside of my platoon thought he was the biggest dick in the world, so that worked out pretty well.

This was CPT Brandstetter's last cycle. He said we were the best company he'd had. We set the brigade record for highest % of first time Go in BRM and # of experts.

Agony was awful. We went up it in the 5k and the 15k. We only went down misery thankfully during the 5k and the 10k. We only had to do one 10k because the first time we went on the 10k, there was freezing rain and CPT Brandstetter didn't want any hypothermia. And we went up and down heartbreak on the 15k, I still think agony was worse.

And yes, DS Patten is still there. One time he was marching in the mad dogs and one of the guys in my platoon yelled out the window "Shit's weak!" and another guy yelled "Don't piss on your battle buddy, silly puppies." So then DS Patten came upstairs and threatened us until we admit who yelled that, so the guy that yelled Shit's weak raised his hand, DS Patten walked down the kill zone and shoved him so hard into a locker that the guy who had the wall locker lost about 50% of his locker space. That was pretty badass.

Overall, it sucked.

17. Haha DS Patten is awesome. I emailed him after I left there, he is a good guy. Its fun to reminisce. Agony was the only one we went up also and it is pretty steep.

I have to agree with the rest that Gazelle is a dick haha. Did you run into DS Robles? That dude fucked with me during BRM right before I shot! I was shaking haha.

18. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

how were yor weekends off

19. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

How's that spelling coming?

20. merine lurn to kill not spall

21. Roshambo

Roshambo Yes, I'm a Marine. No, I haven't killed anyone.

:ugh:

Come on, how long does punctuation and spelling take to check?

22. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

Yeah, DS Robles was the SDS for the Warlords. Even the company commander said he was an asshole, all the way up to about an hour before we got to leave for block leave.

But, as much of a dick as he was, the Warlords had by far the cleanest bay and were usually the most squared away. He even gave them coffee during recovery week, which when suggested to SDS Gazelle, he laughed at us.

23. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

yeah, once we got there, we got our new PT gear. our personal clothes and anything else got packed into a personal bag that got locked up for the whole 9 weeks + whatever time you're in reception.

i got to keep my shaving kit i brought though with soap and shampoo. only things I was allowed to keep was what we had to buy later at the PX

24. SiegG

SiegG The real-life Dale Gribble

So if you buy shoes they will not allow you to use them at BCT?

25. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

yeah they wouldn't let me keep my running shoes. but it'll all depend on where your BCT is. i'm sure at fort jackson you could, but at fort knox, you could only wear the ones you bought at the PX. it all had to be "uniform," even though we all had different makes and models of shoes from the PX