A&P Leaving a digicam inside a car for an extended period of time?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Gundam, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Gundam

Gundam Tell Drama he's on my to do list, right after inse

I have multiple old digicams laying around and I was wondering if it would be safe if I left one in my car? I figured I could use one if I ever needed to snap a pic on the road, or if I was in an accident. Would it be a bad idea to leave a camera in my glovebox for an extended period of time? Would heat and cold temps be a problem? What about the battery? Would I have to recharge it every few weeks?

2. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

heat and electronics never go well but if you did, i'd leave it under the seat or in a place where the heat doesn't get soaked in. the glovebox is a definite no-no. it shouldn't hurt that bad, just don't expect high quality shots with it afterwards.

3. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Take it out at night. I left my old cam in my truck all the time out of the sun and it stopped working. I opened the battery compartment up and it was so corroded you couldn't even see the batteries, the camera never worked again.

4. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

I left my old Olympus P&S in my car a few times in the summer heat. The flash broke but other than that it seemed to work fine. So to answer your question, no, don't leave it there.