Leather Interior Treatment?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jaccordan, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

I have been using meguiars leather cleaner softener or whateevr it is. When i do my leather it just looks the same as after i cleanedit (not applied meguairs, just a soap and water) Its like teh leather cleaner doesnt do much. Is there anything out there that will really have my leather looking good???

Its black leather btw.

2. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

poorboys natural look

or 303 aerospace protectant for a lil more sheen

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Woolite and water will leave it soft and supple.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Good leather conditioners won't leave a shiny appearance. Products that do also make the leather slippery. You might want to try Turtle Wax Leather Conditioner. It will leave a very light sheen, just enough so you know you put something on the leather but it is a light liquid and isn't greasy feeling at all.

EMT makes a good point about precleaning the leather prior to conditioning it and Woolite and water does leave the leather feeling very soft.

5. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

Both poorboys and 303 are water based - so no greasy feeling.

The poorboys natural look is more like a cleaner as it leaves it soft and supple but just clean looking -

The 303 is a protectant with strong UV blockers that was developed for rubber/vinyl/leather on coast guard ships

It leaves a super delicate sheen that makes the leather look new and not slick.

They make a great 1-2 punch.

And the Poorboys has a cherry smell so it's also like putting air freshener in your car.

6. J-Passport

J-Passport OT Supporter

I personally use lexol.. it works well.. I dont like the leather looking wet.. it doesnt come like that new