Learning PHP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by XR250rdr, Feb 22, 2005.

1. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Any good books for learning PHP (and possibly MySQL)?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Professional PHP4 by Wrox publications

I'm sure Wrox also has some MySQL books... They're a great publisher!

3. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

phpfreaks.com is a good learner site as well. they have tutorials with explanations on what each piece of code does. it's where i got started......but i don't have enough use for PHP/SQL just yet.

4. BrettRT

BrettRT New Member

http://www.3dbuzz.com/

Click on the "become a member" Sign up, once you sign up you will be able to view their downloads. They have walkthroughs via movies for PHP/MySQL, I finished all of them today, it helped GREATLY. Best of all its free!

5. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Thanks for the links.

6. Happy Life

Happy Life Guest

the best way to learn PHP is, imho, to set up some little scripts, and to analyse the source code from scripts you downloaded from learning websites.
    upon this time, you'll be able to program your own small scripts, and then you'll wanna go further and complete your scripts..

try to make a small board like OT (w/o advanced functions), or a guestbook, dynamic homepage...

i started learning PHP on my own 4 years ago... since this time, i studied lots and lots of scripts, i programmed a board, a photo gallery, an IT intranet application to manage software and hardware licenses... and now i am proud of writing "advanced PHP skills" on my resume. it helps me for my professional future !