Learning from Hollywood?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bimmer318, Oct 23, 2006.

1. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

I came to a conclusion that most every movie I see, the way the dude gets the girl, is by having a goal or a life established, and working toward it.

Then a girl seemingly falls into place and pursues him or vise versa.

True?

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Honestly, thats how it worked for me. I certainly wasnt looking for my wife, I was just worried about getting my life established after college. She came into my life randomly, but at what turned out to be the perfect moment.

3. eviltommy

eviltommy is a creep.

It's good to have a goal in life or a life established for your own sake. People seem to forget about themselves when they are single and/or lonely. Taking care of yourself is job #1, nothing, not even pulling ass should get ahead of that. You will never hear a sane women say "oh you're 25, jobless and live in your parents basement? why don't you come over later tonight."

4. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

well said sir

5. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Get your validation from your life, not your woman.

That means to have a cool exciting life and to add a woman to it. It also means to keep your life cool and exciting afterwards.

6. bmwe30

bmwe30 New Member

Interestingly enough, how important does material things like one's place, cash to throw around etc come into play when people try to determine 'goal/life established'?

I'm torn lately in my sitation whether i've got my shit together or not, and it's really messing up my confidence lately. I'm 23, spent the last four years working in finance, have a diploma and a few financial certificates through work and decided in the last year that I was tired of that scene, back in school and hoping to eventually study medicine.

Now I've got a pile of debt to pay off from the initial school and just being a complete jackass pissing away all the money I earned and then some buying cars, modding them, dumping them, repeat etc etc... I'm living at home... It's the same place I grew up and not a great area by any means (lower/mid class) but it's a pretty good gig (basement that I reno'd not exactly sleeping in the room next door or anything). I'm single for basically the first time since I was 15 and getting used to it... feel a bit awkward inviting a date back and having her come into my parents house... i don't think it's a problem to anyone other than me but it still is in the back of my mind...

What really defines "having your life established"?

7. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

It means going somewhere. Where you ARE is not where you are GOING TO BE shortly. When I look at myself 6 months ago, I have grown substantially in 'some' area of my life. Constantly improve yourself. This is HIGHLY attractive to women.

8. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Most movies are complete and utter bullshit when it comes to picking up women. The last one I saw was Star Wars where Aniken [sp?] manages to get Natalie Portman to fall in love with him. He's a pathetic, childish, weak, out of control idiot character, and no woman of power such as herself would fall for a boy like him. The lines he says and she subsequently swoons over in the movie would repel all normal women.

If you want to learn from movies, beware the message they send. Most movie writers have no clue how to pick up women other than using fame and fortune to do so. Now, unless you're a rich Hollywood movie writer, that's not going to work for you. Go out and learn how to really meet women.

Now there are SOME good movies, which I am sure some of the other guru's on her can post, but here's the ones that come to mind for me:

The Tao of Steve
    An affair to remember
    Bedazzled
    Groundhog day
    Swingers

And there are more here: http://www.fastseduction.com/books.shtml
    along with some books.

9. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I just picked up the book called "The Game" it's a really humourous read... not sure I'd take all the advice for heart but I have picked a few things and really said yeah that'd actually work.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

<nerd>

The reason dudes in the movies get chicks is because that's what's written in the script.

There was an episode of Star Trek: TNG where Q became a human and the crew of the enterprise was faced with some problem, and Q said the solution was "change the gravitational constant of the universe." Now of course he couldn't do this in this episode because he was stripped of all his Q powers and made a human as a punishment for something he did, but the underlying principle of the answer was if you can't get the results you want yourself, change the way the universe works.

Actually, this has no application in real life, I suppose, but if you were a Q you could just snap your fingers and get all the babes you wanted.

Nevermind.

</nerd>

11. edwin23

edwin23 New Member

the girl im with right now i just met completely randomly, it was a little bit movielike

12. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Hey, it makes sense to me.

"Change the gravitational constant of the universe" = "Just be yourself"? :mamoru:

Incidentally, I thought Annie Hall was interesting... mostly as an example of how not to act, but you can clearly tell in the movie where's he's doing things right and where he's doing things wrong.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I was thinking more like "change the gravitational constant of the universe" = "rewire the nature of girls' brains to want you."

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I learned a lot about women by watching nearly every episode of blind date.

As far as movies, I think some of the roles are excellent to learn from, like Pierce Brosnan in the Thomas Crown Affair for his charm with women.

But as far as techniques that would actually work in real life, most movies are very unrealistic. Also, in most movies, the woman is portrayed as of greater value and the male has to "win her" which isn't exactly what you should be shooting for.

Also, the show Cheaters is excellent. Watch the opening segment when a man is being cheated on by his woman. The man will talk about sign after sign that the woman is no longer interested in him, but of course the man just doesn't get it and still thinks they are in a relationship together when in reality he has been dumped.

15. symptic

symptic I run companies

This thread helped me in a recent development of mine. :bowdown: Hopefully I caught myself before it's too late. :bigok:

16. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

I thought they got girls by saving them from disasters.

17. symptic

symptic I run companies

I'm sure that works too.

18. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Never, ever try to do or copy what guys in movies do to get the women! It's all BS. Hollywood is full of BS. The actors/actresses are full of BS. Trying to copy the movies will only make you look like a chump in the end.

19. deznutz

deznutz New Member

:hs: Don't.

I've done it before, and it just seemed really cheesey, but i didnt think about it at first.

Interesting enough, if i act like a complete dick to women, they seem to pursue me...

20. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

LOL that's so true... I also used to watch a lot of episodes of Blind Date and Cheaters.... Some of these episodes turn out to be so bad, that obviously the chemistry doesn't even exist at all, and couldn't even exist at any point....