SRS Learn to walk assholes

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by blackbirdbeatle, Feb 28, 2010.

1. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Heel to toe. I live on the second highest floor of a building and I've been paying for it since some asshole decided to put in hard flooring. Ever since there has been an endless stream of overweight people that just don't know how to walk. They clomp around like fucking 4yo's. It sounds like thunder. How do so many people not know how to walk?

This latest dickhead is chubby and likes to wear shoes around the place. He also never seems to sit still for more than 10 goddamn seconds. I've talked to him politely to please not wear shoes as not only me but the person in the adjacent apartment has complained as well but he told me it's his place and he can do whatever he wants. Okay, so I tell the resident manager that he's waddling around at all hours. Manager comes over to listen and it's pretty bad. He goes and talks to the guy but this jerk blows him off too. As if apartment renting gives you the same rights as a homeowner in terms of noise. Now I have to wait until the end of April at the latest until they decide if he should move or not (The decision will be made due to other, more serious violations than just being an inconsiderate prick like dumping sawdust off his balcony and the wind taking it into an elderly asthmatic man's place. He was already fined for it and the old mans son just about killed him).

This guy is walking around from 11am till 3 in the morning. I don't think he works, I don't know what he does to live there as it's expensive. I don't know how someone this restless is that fat. I'm about to lose it on this guy. How do I stand the next two months without snapping on him? Earplugs don't block out the walking bass sound I always hear. Fans work but I don't want to have a commercial fan blowing at all hours either.

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

he's WALKING you dumb fuck, you can't call the cops/landlord for that. Get a better apt.

3. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

I think my medication is making me irritable, so I'd probably break his legs.

I don't think that's the right choice though. Buy him some slippers?

4. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

clip clop clip clop :mad:

It's a legitimate complaint really.

Oh, can you get moved to a different apartment? Above him maybe?

5. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

When I lived in the dorms the fucker that lived a floor above memust have been rearranging their furniture every night at midnight. I usually banged on the ceiling with a hammer to get back at them.

6. johan

johan Active Member

Would seem to be quite a challenge you've set before him.

7. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

Oh, true.

Still if there is other open apartments in the building though he may as well try to move. Even to the same floor. :o

8. blackbirdbeatle

I didn't call the cops. The cops were called when the shithead decided that it would be a good idea to throw a wastebasket of sawdust from renovations off his balcony and it into the old mans place.

I called the landlord because I have to work each morning and this guy obviously doesn't and I tried talking to this person face to face. I only asked that he please either use area rugs or maybe not wear shoes all the time. Then I took him down to my place and walked around like he did. He said it's not his problem that he has hard floors and that it's noisy. We have bylaws that deal with apartment/condo noise for a reason.

The vacancy rate in my city is the lowest in the country. It's not easy to find places to move, especially before the students leave in April. He's likely to get kicked out for a host of things (Another of which is DIY work on the place he is renting. They caught him before the idiot could change a load bearing wall, something he was clueless about) but we are in a situation where no formal eviction notice has happened and it won't until early March. I'm stuck with him until April and my lease is until July.

And besides, this is the Asylum and I'm venting. I'm not forcing this guy to lose weight, I only care that I can get some damn sleep and not have it sound like thunder at all hours. What I talked to him about was just a suggestion and to maybe hope that he was an understanding human being. Is that reasonable? I mean I don't play my music at certain times in the week because I share a wall with a lady that gives flute lessons. She came over and asked nicely and I was happy to accommodate.

9. CodeX

CodeX Guest

He is walking around in his home... :ugh:

Why do you think you have a right to silence at the expense of limiting other peoples rights inside of their own home?

"My rights are more important than yours because you're fat and I am me!" :rolleyes:

10. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Ugh...I fucking hate people sometimes.

But you know, some people just walk with a heavy foot. I do....even when I was thin I would walk loudly. It's just the way I walk...I can't help it....and I damn sure didn't give a fuck what the neighbors below me thought about it. Fuck them.

Look if you don't like it, rent on the highest floor. That's what I did because once I lived on the lower floors and had a horrid neighbor above me. Much worse than just walking around....I vowed....never again.

11. blackbirdbeatle

Very hard to find a vacant place in this city, let alone the top floor, I'm on a lease till mid summer, etc...

I understand that he is who he is but if your neighbour asked you to please not wear shoes and clomp around at 3am all the time that you maybe would have? We have noise bylaws in this area and I'm only asking him to abide by them. He knows how loud he is, he even said as much. I might have to get him angry enough to take a swing at me and then beat him within an inch of his fat life (I'm kidding of course :squint:).

12. blackbirdbeatle

He's renting an apartment, he doesn't own a home. Different rules apply as he doesn't live in a single dwelling building. I'm well within the bylaw to ask him not to make as much noise at 3am. I'm more than willing to move after my lease ends if the resident manager and bylaw officer disagree (They don't). As it happens they also can't kick him out for his other things without 30 days to the end of the month after they give notice of eviction.

It's loud enough that my neighbour next door even complains, and she doesn't live directly under him. Trust me when I say it sounds like thunder. What I'm asking is there anything that you renters have found that blocks out the sound in the meantime. Shit, I offered to buy him area rugs while I'm still living below him that would match his decor.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  13. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I'm with you on this one blackbirdbeatle.

If some guy told me that I was walking around too loud all the time, I would get some slippers or something. It's not that big of a hastle and if it makes someone else's life that much better, which it would, then why not?

There are people in the world who aren't very considerate of others (not using turning signals, texting non-stop during a movie, following too closely in traffic, cars with stereo systems having their bass up at night time in the drive way, etc etc) and then people who are.

Personally, I would punch this guy's fucking teeth down his throat since you've asked him already, but of course the consequences probably wouldn't be worth it and it may not make him quiet.

14. CodeX

CodeX Guest

He has every right to walk around his apartment wearing whatever footwear he chooses. He could put on a fucking godzilla costume and stomp around all day and night on a little model city if he wanted to.

Is he an asshole for not making reasonable accomodations after being asked to try to be quiter? Sure. Does the TS have any right to take further action, either litigious or physical (as per your little suggestion, which is called assault and will get you thrown in prison), absolutely not.

15. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I agree with everything you said. The TS probably doesn't have a right to do anything, but everyone has different beliefs, and I think some situations warrant an ass whooping, with this being one of them. I'm not saying the TS wouldn't deserve a trip to jail if he did it though.

It would be different if this was a traffic asshole or some guy cutting in line in a grocery store. Those are easy to just overlook and roll your eyes at. But this is where he lives. I'd only be able to put up with so much.

16. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

If someone came to me and instructed me to not wear shoes inside my home... I would invest in wooden clogs.

Seriously, I would find it insulating and assanine.

17. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:werd: If someone asked my to stop walking around my apt at 11 at night, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

The people who live above me sound like they have a bowling alley up there sometimes :rofl: But I have a rent controlled apt in a very expensive city where the availability of rental properties is extremely limited. So ya know what? You deal. You get ear plugs if you have to. And you get the fuck over yourself :hsugh:

18. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

Is it common to wear shoes inside your homes down there? Or anywhere?

I don't know anyone that does this, at all.

19. Coottie

I walk heavily even with bare feet. If someone downstairs asked me to not walk so heavily I might consider it but probably not. Why? Because it's just the way I walk...I don't purposely do it and I'm not about to tip toe around my place just so someone else is happy.

This is one reason why I bought a house with a slab foundation instead of a raised "conventional" foundation....because I don't want to hear myself walk in my own house.

As others have pointed out, just deal with it. He's not about to change and you're not doing yourself any favors by pushing it.

20. blackbirdbeatle

Sigh, okay. I don't know why I have to repeat this but the noise is violating bylaws. It's really loud. The resident manager said so, this guy admitted it was really loud, and the bylaw officer did as well. He's not just a fat dude I'm picking on, He's a real dick (In case you missed it some of the laundry list includes throwing bucket of sawdust out the window and into old mans place, thinking he can just tear down any wall in his place, even though said wall is load bearing, and another recent thing is driving his van right up to the door to unload a dresser, even though a sign says you can't do this and the the ground is in the middle of thawing so he's ruined two strips of the lawn now, which is now dirt tire marks 20 feet long). In the meantime I have to live with it for 2 more months. I'm just asking if there's anything that you found works. Earplugs don't help as it's a bass effect.

And I'm not asking him to stop walking at night. I'm asking him to please not wear shoes on hard flooring at 3am above me every night. His shoes aren't medical. Are some of you that big of assholes that if a guy politely asked you to please not wear shoes late at night because it was keeping him up, you went down and agreed that it was too loud, and he offered to get you rugs, that you would make it worse to spite him?

And he doesn't have any right to stomp around at 3am if it's excessive. Just like he doesn't have a right to own a dog that barks at 3am or play loud music at 3am. He doesn't own a house, he rents an apartment. The management company makes the rules as it's their place. I rented this place as it's a quiet building and in the meantime I'm working full time and now taking fairly hard classes. It said in my contract no excessive noise and I agreed to it because they emphasized the noise part. If I didn't agree I'd rent some cheapo place filled with college students.

21. blackbirdbeatle

I know he walks heavy. He's fat and doesn't know how to carry his weight. It's not my right to make him learn so or to force him to take off his shoes. But if he even took off his shoes late at night I'd be happy if it was still loud because at least I knew that he tried to act like a reasonable human being. No one can make him take his shoes off but it seems like this guy and some people in this thread would take offense to a a polite request.

That's the question I asked in the OP. How do I deal with it. This guy keeps screwing with people in the building left and right and he has everyone pissed off.

22. Coottie

Then why are you continuing to fight him? You should be kicking the ass of the manager and the bylaw officer and if they won't take action, fucking sue them. Drag them into small claims court....but you might want to talk with a lawyer first. Hell you even said it's in your contract....tell them to handle this shit or move you to a different unit. You should not contact the asshole above you anymore.

Him being an asshole doesn't matter.
    No I wouldn't wear hard sole shoes but what you don't get is even when I wear soft sole shoes, I'm a loud walker. It's just how I walk. I don't stomp around but it sounds like that if you live below me. I've always been that way and I'm not about to tip toe around.

23. Sooka

Sooka New Member

I'd wait for the guy to get evicted. If he doesn't get evicted then I'd probably cut open his stomach and watch his guts roll out. Or maybe poison the bastards food or stick a pistol down his throat and scare him so bad that he dies from a heart attack. Fuck those obese shitheads, most of them are pieces of shit anyway.

24. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Try finding a good pair of earplugs or noise cancelling headphones? I dunno. Tough luck man.

25. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Does it need to be?