Learn me F&N! v.waterwhencutting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Captain Amazing, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing OT Supporter

Why do people say drink a bunch of water when cutting? I know about more water in = more water out. But then I hear about people holding lots of water and they look bloated. If that happens should they drink even more water to flush it out? :dunno:

2. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

continuous water intake = continous urinary function = cleaning your body of excess shit... makes me feel better overall

continuous water intake afaik also helps to reduce water retention because your body has a continuous intake and therefore doesn't want to hold as much... but that's just my observation personally

:dunno:

could just be a mental thing also... like im drinking 2 gallons of water a day so im in committed serious mindset now = stricter adherence to diet and training and intensity

this post was way too long

3. SomethingWicked

SomethingWicked Active Member

from an article on cutting for competition: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek160.htm

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasopressin
    Really you should be drinking lots of water anytime, cutting or not the only exception being pre-show or something where you drink tons up till shortly before the competition, thus your body will flush out the rest that you have been drinking before you start to retain a lot again.

4. smb is me

smb is me New Member

also, if you are cutting and always hungry, water can somewhat stave off hunger......

granted its a poor substitute for food.

5. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

if you drink more water, your body isnt going to hold water because it has enough water coming in that it doesnt need to retain it....if that makes any sense

6. thespazz

thespazz New Member

stupid.

your body has a set limit, depending on your blood pressure and actual need for water. anything else, the body sends out. your body won't be like "oh cool, there's water coming, i won't save any and be bone dry!"

water is meant to keep blood pressure and solute concentration in the blood stable. the kidneys do a great job of pissing out the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.