GUN Leaning heavily towards buying an AK-47

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gein, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Gein

Gein New Member

I made a thread earlier in the general forum and got some good advice from some people. I also scanned and searched through this forum, and again found it very helpful.

I'm in the market for a high capacity AK-47, and I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions. I can spend about 400-450 at the most. I'm leaning on either a SAR-1 like:
    this
    this
    this

or maybe something like this

I've heard a lot of good things about the bulgarian ak-47's, but they are really outta my price range. :wtc: Most people I've talked to say I should spend the extra money and get a SAR-1, versus the cheaper WASR romanians.

I just want something I can put a few bullets through and clean/maintain myself. Being a poor college student a 600 dollar bulgarian or AR is just too much for me, especially given that I don't really 'need' a rifle.

This has been pretty long winded and incoherant, but mostly I just want some opinions of people with more experience with AK-47's and firearms than I have. :x:

2. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

you have a sturmgrenadier in your av and you're leaning towards something other than an stg. 44?

i'm saving up for a wasr-10.

3. Gein

Gein New Member

:rofl: I can't afford an STG-44 that's for sure. Even if I knew where to begin looking for a working one. :wtc: Next best thing... :x:

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

What about a SKS?

5. Gein

Gein New Member

I'm a ricer, if you know what I mean. I know an SKS would be a better option for the money, but I just can't explain it.

6. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

The bulgarians are the way to go, I was just in Bulgaria and had a chance to hit up some nice AKs. The ones there are extremely well made and just look absolutely clean. I wasn't a huge fan of AKs (except some nice krinks which I was considering of building), but you'll definately notice and feel the difference in a SAR1-3 and a good example of a Bulgarian rifle.
    Good luck

7. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I think this explains it

Coolness factor of AK > SKS :noes:

8. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I had two Romanians and both had trigger slap issues, but they are great buys right now and you can fix the trigger slap.

I think I would buy any AK but the Egyptian Maadi. The design is hard to mess up.