Leanen towards a newer Celica, as far as mods go, hows is it?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by StealthMode, Apr 21, 2003.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I am really leanen towards a newer Celica, (last gen, 6th is it?) For one thing, there aren't many around where I live, well, that aren't driven by 35 yr old + people who work in office buildings. Also, one of my friends had one, (one that she was gonna sell me, but someone backed into her with their truck, so she bought a Ford Explorer, wheeee :greddy: (IMO))
    and she loved it, she wanted to sell it to e cuz she wanted something a little more prctical. ...anyway, to my questions.

Do you recomend them?
    How are they for mods? Turbo's, superchargers, and the like.
    What exhaust(sp?) system would you recomend? And other mods..
    I originally wanted an older one, (the gen b4) but there friggan rare around here, and after market is so dam expensive for it, if I can find anything.
    Anyway, any suggestions you guys could give me on this car would be great!

Sorry if I am a little unclear, i's late, and I am dead tired, school tomorrow, ghey isn't it?... :squint:

Stealth -

2. pearltsi

pearltsi New Member

newcelica.org

3. Matt-AWD

Matt-AWD Active Member

the newer GTS models are badass.

you have to watch for some, as they have a lower rev limit (7800 opposed to 8400)

i know the 00's have the higher rev limit.

honestly, in straight line performance, they're on par with the integra type R. i've seen them run high 14's with just an intake at our shitty track

good luck

4. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

The 2000 is about what I am looken for since it woul dbe used, and so it would also be cheaper, which is a good thing in my case.
    I'll keep looken around, I'll find something I like sooner or later.
    Post any more edvice please

Stealth -

5. Red97GST

Red97GST Guest

lot of people have run low 14's with bolt ons, but as far as forced induction, I'm not sure whtas available. Im sure theres atleast a turbo kit and/or supercharger kti available.

you can probably buy a greddy kit by now :greddy:

just make sure you pick your exhaust properly. my freind's GTS sounds liek a fuckin loud as fuck bumblebee

6. Matt-AWD

Matt-AWD Active Member

im pretty sure that blitz has their supercharger out for the new celicas now

7. LadyRacerTRD

LadyRacerTRD Guest

there are a few turbo kits for the GT's. But, I don't know if the GT-S has any out.

8. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

I have a 2000 GTS... Theres an XS turbo soon to be out in a couple months. Then theres the overpriced Blitz charger. There are also a couple other shops working on FI options also.

A member of our board, newcelica.org is actually doing trial tests for them at the moment. The dyno shots he's got rated him pushing 255hp at the wheels without a cat and 240ish something with it.

The Celica has a fair amount of mods available to it.. though it could be WAAAY more if i'd had an "H" badge on it.

If you are looking for something to push lots of power and have lots of mods available don't look at the celi.. but if you are looking for looks and a fair amount of mods available then the celi is for you.

9. SickOfItAll

SickOfItAll The Bartender

What's the CR on the pistons in the GT-S model (sorry, don't remember the engine designation off the top of my head)

10. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

its 11.5

11. chaggot

chaggot New Member

stay away from the 02 models, they have the low rev limiter. i got a 00 GTS and i love it. handles really well and its fairly quick. if you're looking for a big aftermarket though, dont go with the celica. but with just an intake and exhaust you can be in the lower mid 14s.

i would suggest the TRD exhaust, i have that and i love it. its got a nice sound to it.

12. Toaster

Toaster Guest

I have an 02 gts and there is not much in terms of fi yet for the gts, but there are alot of options for the gt. XS's kit will be out soon and that's should be more than enough for most. the supercharger from Blitz is a overpriced piece of crap.

13. turbomr2

turbomr2 Guest

i heard that you have too trick out the ecu to do anything on those cars. but they are quick.

14. Toaster

Toaster Guest

cant trick the ecu, nothing available that can dothat.

15. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Guest

Can't say much for the new ones; I've never ridden in one, but I love my '92 AllTrac. IMO, it's the ONLY Celica to have. Ya just can't go wrong with AWD-T. :)

[​IMG]

16. RuskeR

RuskeR ReksuR

17. dvd

dvd OT Supporter

Loco Honkey : isnt that the limited edition one?

18. db2

db2 Guest

Hey Loco, your car looks familiar. ;) The Alltrac isn't really a limited edition. Consider it more of a rare trim level. The GT4/Alltracs had a limited edition called the Carlos Sainz/Rally Champion edition that was only available over seas. It had a different front bumper, hood, water/air intercooler, and a more aggressive fuel map for starters. And Alltracs are the only Celicas worth modding! :big grin:

19. There's nothing much out for the motor on the new celicas.. But the GT-S ones are pretty quick for stock.. Isn't it on the old skoo celica Turbo's the boost max's out too quickly?

20. db2

db2 Guest

Boost doesn't "max out". The turbo was designed for low to mid RPM power, and quick spool. However, this also means the turbo chokes high up, especially at higher boost. 250-260 whp is the max for this turbo, even though you can get torque figures into the 300s. The best fix for this is an aftermarket turbo. :big grin:

21. Hmm.. interesting. I don't know much about Toyotas there for I'm not really interested in it. All though my buddie had a All-Track Turbo before.. He hated that damn thing.

22. mr20turbo

mr20turbo Guest

if you are going to get a celica, buy an all-trac, all the rest are a joke imho...

23. Joser

Joser Active Member

ive always thought the new celicas are chick cars..dunno