LDRs.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Abomb, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Abomb

Abomb New Member

Hah, life can be a bitch sometimes. You find a person you are not only physically attracted to but mentally as well. And then they are 2.5 hours from you. This is a girl I could easily marry. Smart, pretty, independent. Shes only 20 and she pays for her own cell phone, is a petroleum engineer, manages every cent of her college money. The complete opposite of a whore in almost every aspect about her. She really wants to make this relationship with me work too... but I cant do it. I cant date someone and see them for a day or two every 2 or 3 weeks. Its not fair to my own needs ya know? It drives me bat shit crazy only getting to talk to her on the phone. And she wants to talk on the phone everyday for hours at a time, but fuck I want to see her not conversate over the phone. Ugh, I know this cant and wont work out but damn how I want it to. :dunno:

2. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

i'm in the same boat as you are, except we're about 5 hours away for college. we're going to give it a shot though, and hopefully we'll make it. if not, maybe we'll meet up sometime after we're done with college.

3. Riot

Riot OT Supporter

long distance ftl

4. dstar

dstar it's the motherfucking remix. OT Supporter

Three weeks til mine comes to my city.

It's tough, but if it's really one that might be "the one" - try your best and don't look back :)

5. SxyLambdaLady6

SxyLambdaLady6 New Member

if shes this amazing then u'll find any way to make it work. u'll do anything if its the real thing so try ur hardest.

6. Zthirtytwo

Zthirtytwo New Member

in on this one too. girl im seeing is going away to college 3 hours away, and she i s"the one" for me too. But instead of thinking aobut how its gonna fail you should be thinking about how you can make it work out, and how you can see her more often, and besides think of how much better itll be when you two actually see each other. Or you can jsut move closer to her.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

to a certain extent, i think, all you can do is giive it your best. if it was meant to be, your best will be good enough.

if not, on to bigger and better things.

:hsd:

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

Yes but.. my problem is I can not handle not seeing her for WEEKS at a time. It drives me crazy to the point that I dont like it... I dont have to see my gfs every day because im independent but .... I dunno weeks at a time is too long..

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

it is the real thing we have chemistry physically and mentally but I guess some things arent meant to be :hs:

10. low20

low20 Member

so ur saying that u want to marry the girl, but a 2.5hr distance makes it all not worth it? listen man, if u stay with her, after a little while im sure you will work something out to be closer...other than that, 2.5 hrs isnt the worst thing...my current gf and i used to live on opposite coasts...3 hr time difference and the only way to see eachother was to fly out...now that sucks...now she lives by me and its 7 minutes to her house...cant beat it...what im saying is, that if you really like the girl, make it work...phone sex for the win...and u say weeks at a time? i mean, im sure u guys could work it out to meet up more than that...and if you find a nice place in bewteen its only like an hour and 15 mins for each of you...now thats not that bad at all..

11. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

you just aren't trying hard enough. your loss though.

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

if hes not willing to put in the work now, hes not going to put it in long term. no ones loss. it just wasnt meant to be.

it would suck to put in so much effort, then stop once youre married. you should be willing to put in now, what youre willing to put in forever, and if thats the amount of effort, so be it. :hsd:

13. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

"This girl is sooo different from all the others"

Yea. Right.

How much dating experience do you have? The fact that you are considering a LDR likely means... not much. They don't work. Oh, and you have oneitis.

14. OFI

OFI New Member

Why can you only see her every 2 or 3 weeks? 2.5 hours isn't far really..
    I'm not on the best of wages but my girlfriend lives 4 to 5 hours away (actually took 8 hours to get back today :rant: closed roads :rant:) i'm managing to see her 3 to 4 weekends a month albeit with a bit of a struggle.

Granted however it fucking sucks roll on October when she should be moving :bigthumb:

15. MP525i

MP525i New Member

you want to marry her but you can't hold conversations with her?

my brother and his now wife did it for 4 years. he was in jersey and she was in indiana.

they've been married for over 2 years and been together for over 8.

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

phone sex sucks. my learning and communication set is VISUAL. I need to see things to be satisfied. Its not that im too lazy to go see her. Shes a petroleum engineer and rarely has time. I said I *could* marry this girl, she has all of the qualities I want and look for in a girl.

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

Im not trying hard enough? Maybe its not worth it? I want to have a real relationship, not a pseudo relationship.

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

oh, im willing to put in the work but i want to be rewarded for putting in the work i.e. getting to see the girlfriend often enough. Once every few weeks would hurt me too much.

19. Abomb

Abomb New Member

lol, I never said she was different from all of the others, I just mentioned the fact she contained the qualities I would want in my wife :p

And.. yah I was considering it... but you are right, im a realistic person and LDRs dont work. And to make it work, would require the amount of effort in the long run making it NOT WORTH IT. Meh, I'd say I have oneitis but i am talking to other girls.

20. Abomb

Abomb New Member

shes a petro engineer and has to study alot :noes:

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

No, Ive talked to her on the phone for hours before with ease. But lately I have found myself avoiding long phone calls with her. I dunno.. the more I think about it the more I realize I should just move on.. bad timing

shes moving back to my city in 2 years after college

bad timing i guess :dunno:

22. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

a lifetime of happiness isn't worth a couple years of being 2.5 hours apart? ok.

23. lauren

lauren Active Member

if its the right relationship. youll get out of it what you honestly put in it, and everyones satisfied. :hsd:

24. Abomb

Abomb New Member

no, because I believe there isnt just ONE person out there meant for someone

25. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

again man, it's your call. i just think it's a shame that you aren't strong enough to tough it out for 2 years when you're in love with this girl and she is everything you ever wanted. either you're very nearsighted or very selfish.