COMIC LCS moving and having re-grand opening, wants me to be Spidey for it! Need OTCC help!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by The Sirc, Aug 21, 2006.

1. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

So my LCS is moving to a new location, which by the way is only going to be 1.3 miles away frome me, and they wanted me to dress up as Spider-man and do some acrobatic things, as I am very acrobatically inclined.

OTCC, I need your help. Where do I find a Spider-man costume? I mean a good one? Also, if/when I have to sign autographs as Spidey, what should I sign with?

"Your friendly neighborhood Spider-man"
    "Spidey"
    "Spider-man"
    etc.

This is a big deal for me because I <3 spider-man. Hell I almost got the part for Spider-Man at Universal Studio's Japan, but I didn't think I could live in Japan for a year away from loved ones. :( Help!

2. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

Hmmm...I'm not sure on the costume aquisition, but on the subject of signatures, I'd do "Spidey" if there's a lot to sign, but if it's a small volume and you can afford the high dexterity, I'd do "Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man"

3. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

:werd:

I'll see if I can find a nice costume somewhere on the net, you might also want to talk to ot'er Mace Windu, I know he had a pretty nice Jedi costume made for last halloween, so he might be able to help point you in the right direction if you're wanting to spend a decent amount on a costume. How much are you looking to spend anyway? That'd help us help you. :bigthumb:

4. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

I'm thinking nothing more than like maybe $50-60? Maybe a little more.

5. mooredodge

Mace probably can't help then. I think his was a few hundred. :hs:

I'll see what I can find though. :bigthumb:

6. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

I don't think a Spider-man costume would be more than the Jedi costume since it's a hell of a lot less complicated. One piece spandex suit and mask?

7. mooredodge

Well, his was custom made. :dunno:

8. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

True true. I guess I could whip out the old sewing machine and make mine own... but I'm to laz.

9. mooredodge

10. Bobbot

I once had a plan to make my own costume. I was going to order a bunch of random colored spandex sheets off the internet, and in the meantime, work out to become buff. Then, by the time the items arrive in shipping, I'd whip up the suit off panel, then I'd hit up the mall and hit random people with my friend taking pictures of the whole fiasco. We'd take the pics that looked like I was stopping criminals and then send them into the newspaper saying well...I fight crime. It was going to work, but I was too lazy to do it.

The moral? Don't be lazy. If you want to be a hero, BE THE HERO! Don't follow in my footsteps.

11. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

I like the last one and the gloves. The price is just right too. I might have to modify it a little since I weight about a buck forty, and I'd like to fix the mask to have more "realistic" eye pieces. I.e. plastic film with one way tint.

12. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

13. DevPool

DevPool So you like to play games, huh!?

I dunno man, something doesn't look quite right in that last picture. Maybe it's the lighting?

14. Bobbot

It almost looks like the stripes are silk-screened on. Maybe airbrushed. I'm just pointing out the cons to balance out the pros :hsd:

15. DevPool

DevPool So you like to play games, huh!?

That's what I thought too.:o:hsd:

Still looks good though. :big grin:

16. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

Looks pretty good for $40.

17. axio

axio New Member

Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man :o

18. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

you do parkour or tricking or anything like that?

19. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

I used to do free running back in highschool, but when my friend slipped and nearly paralyzed himself, I kind of got a little scared and eased off of it. I can still do a few cool tricks like run along walls and some wall jumping and various other basic stuff. I used to be able to run along the wall and do an aerial off of it like in the Matrix, but now I can't. :(

But I do a LOT of tricking. 540's, Aerials, butterfly twists, barrel rolls, raiz, etc. I'm not extremely good, but I can hang.