lcd with dead pixel

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 7urb0, Dec 24, 2004.

1. 7urb0

7urb0 Member

i just bought a 7.2" lcd monitor for my gf's car and was testing it out. notice there's a dead pixel on the screen. how common are they and will warranty cover for just one dead pixel? its a cheap lcd monitor (phoenix digita), if that helps.

2. 04

04 Guest

Dead pixels are quite common. It's doubtful you can return the monitor for a new one with only one dead pixel, as most require at least a few.

3. Original

Original OT Supporter

:werd:

Anyway, why not drop it a few times, make a few more dead pixels? :rofl:

I guess I've had luck to never come across andy dead pixels on an LCD, but I would think warranty would cover it. Give ehm a call :o

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

droping an lcd will not cause dead pixels -- but you will likely cause other physical damage that will not be covered under warranty.

Call phoenix digital and ask about the dead pixel policy. Usually it's 8 or more...

If it's new, you might just wanna return it and say you don't like the unit.

5. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

jollyogre has the idea... usually they wont notice 1 DP so return it and say you didnt want it/ got it for xmas/ wanted a different brand or model. then get a different one. i know us stereophiles notice these things, but alot of people dont.