LCD TV vs. Whats a good brand

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by perfectgetaway, Sep 17, 2006.

1. perfectgetaway

perfectgetaway New Member

going to get a new tv this week. wondering if anyone has tips/reviews of your own flat panels?

2. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

I have a 26" Sharp Aquos in which I use for both my computer screen and TV in my apartment bedroom. So far I am extremely satisfied with its performance and options. My roomate has a 32" LG using it for the same reasons and I personally think his looks like shit, both SD and HD. Im not sure what you are looking to spend but I got mine for around 700 shipped to my door, I figure for that price it is a nice LCD, nothing spectacular but it certainly look a hell of alot better than some of the other tvs i demoed at bestbuy.

3. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

any suggestions in the 30"-40" size?

4. Atticus

Atticus New Member

We have a Sony Bravia XBR set up in our office 32" i beleive. And that thing looks sick with the Fios tv. Perfect brightness at every angle. The only thing i cant find on the fios box is the setting for picture quality. So im not sure what its set at. mabye 720p. But the Hd is very crystal clean. Highly recommend it. We got ours at tweeter and they knocked off 300 bucks. We paid $1300

Any if you some cash we have a 50" Pioneer Eilite setup at the house and thing is amazing. Picutre at 1080p is :eek2:

5. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I have a Samsung 32" LCD, and it's been great. The response time seems a bit sluggish on my xbox 360, but it's not that bad.