LCD TV Settings Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GuiltySparc, Dec 27, 2007.

1. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

So i got a Vizio VW42L for chirstmas and i'm really enjoying it. I am have a little trouble dialing in display settings though as this is my first big LCD TV.

I looked around the interweb and found that there are calibration CDs? Anyone know where i can get one of these or if there is a website where people share their settings?

Thanks in advance!

2. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

The settings I use in my room aren't going to work for you in your room. The settings are tuned to your environment.

DVE (Digital Video Essentials) was posted 39 days ago in alt.binaries.boneless.

3. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

right right, i was more or less looking for some general direction/tips.

i have no idea what alt.binaries.boneless is though. :sadwavey:

4. tjamz

tjamz New Member

binary newsgroup. There is a chance that your ISP supports newsgroups and you can probably get by using outlook express as your news viewer for the time being. Go into outlook express, click tools, accounts, add newsgroup....enter your info (odds are your ISP's news server is going to be something like news.whateveryourispsnameis.com) then look for a file called DVE in the thousands of posts that will be in that newsgroup (you may have to highlight multiple parts and then rightclick combine/decode to get a usable file)

5. gadorg

gadorg Harry Caray: But what if it were made of barbecue OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.9) VZW:SCH-i760 PPC 240x320)

avsforums.com

best bet is to get it professionally calibrated if u can swing it... had it done on my sony lcd and love the results.