LCD question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mace, Feb 16, 2005.

1. mace

mace i don't read

Is anything lower than 25ms really worth it? I've heard people playing 3d games on 25ms and they experience no ghosting. So what would be the point of buying a 8ms screen?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

depends on the game. 25ms is noticable to me. 16ms is what I like. 12ms is the lowest I can notice. I can't tell the difference between 8ms and 12ms.

3. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

same here, i cant tell between 8 and 12 (i dont think anyone can). I'd take 8 if it was affordable though, the lower the better and the less ghosting u get in games (below 16ms though i think ghosting is not a problem)

4. C-Lord

C-Lord New Member

i have a dell 2001fp with 16ms and you can tell in Fps(counter-strike) but its not bad and you will forget about it so get 16ms and below. I would not buy a 25ms it would be to slow.

5. FreeSpace

FreeSpace Guest

I have a Norwood Micro (CompUSA brand, don't laugh. My old shitty monitor was so cheap there, I got it there instead of Newegg. It finally died and I exchanged it with this) 15" LCD with an AUO (Acer, only the best!) panel, and 16ms of response time.

The only noticeable ghosting I can see is in this one custom UT99 map, which I forget the name of. It uses weird grays, so you may want to look out for that.

16ms is great. Don't settle for less. 12ms is even better, but below that you have a good chance of getting a panel that has a low bit depth, such as 20-bit or 18-bit. Not good.

6. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I use a 25ms LCD, the only ghosting i notice is in firefox :)