LCD Monitor / TV

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VIOLATION, Dec 28, 2002.

1. VIOLATION

VIOLATION west coast > east coast

Looking for a combo now. This will be for use in my bedroom for my computer and my PS2. I do some gaming, but I don't think the 'slowness' of an LCD won't matter much to me (unless you guys tell me otherwise). For a 17", how much should I be looking to spend? I dont even know where to look. Did a search on eBay, and it's pretty expensive.

You guys have any leads? :)

2. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

3. VIOLATION

anything less that 1k? :(

4. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

It does tend to be pretty expensive, you might look at getting a TV card and a decent LCD monitor and going through your computer for your PS2.

5. VIOLATION

an good TV cards? one of my friends told me to make sure it is "live."
    he has a redant, but i cant find that anywhere except at www.lik-sang.com

6. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

Ah, right, so one thing you can do is get a VGA out for your PS2, I don't know much about where to get that, but I'm sure you can find at least the model #, etc. on Sony's site... (Maybe MadCatz too, or however you spell that company). The other thing I was saying is a TV card, in the past I've used a few from Hauppauge (http://www.hauppauge.com), but there are many other options out there. Are you building a computer? If so, you could consider the All-in-wonder video cards from ATI, those tend to be good too.

7. VIOLATION

already have a computer - it's a PIII 600. will that be too slow?

thx, will look into hauppauge.

8. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

It's not that you need a new computer, yours is fine, I was just asking because, the ATI all-in-wonder cards are an actual video card, not just a tv card, so unless you want to replace your video card it's probably not an option (or maybe you could get a pci one and do dual monitors... haha).