LCD Burn In?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DouggieJ, Dec 3, 2008.

1. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

I have an LCD HD tv that's about a year old, and now I'm noticing a line where the 480i image ends when I view full screen HD video (hope that makes sense). Is this pixel burn in? I didn't think this was a problem with LCDs... is there any way to fix this? Will the warranty cover it, I think there's a few weeks left of the original warranty.

Thanks.

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

sure it's not image retention? have you tried watching a full screen movie for a long time? it SHOULD go away :dunno:

3. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

Could be bad pixels. When my dad first got his samsung after about a week it had a line across the top that was barely noticeable until the right image and colors came on the screen.

4. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

Thanks for the tips! I've been making sure to keep it full screen, even if I have to stretch the SD channels. It seems like it might be fading a bit, but not that much. I think I'll try to see what my options are under the warranty for them to check it out, but if I have to spend money I'll probably just forget it.

Thanks again!

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

take a picture if possible. You have to really try to burn in any panel anymore but it can happen after a shit load of hours with sidebar content or widescreen stuff.