COMIC LCBS has a sale!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by CabbieNamedAxel, May 8, 2008.

1. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

My LCBS has a second space where they keep all their back issues and toys, and due to the shitty-ness that is our economy, they're closing the down the other space and selling all their back issues for $1 and all toys half off. Honestly, I was never one for toys, don't really see the appeal, but this seems like a great time to expand my collection. I looked through the boxes and saw a ton of stuff, but I don't really know what to look for when it comes to that kind of stuff. I doubt there is anything valuable, but anyone have suggestions for what to look for? I don't want to get stuck buying some shit run for a character I like.

I did see these and grabbed them:
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_title.php?ID=4605&cID=295
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/creator_title.php?ID=4606&cID=747&pID=1

2. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

A long time ago when I was in middle school a shop near me has a similar sale and was selling back issues for 50-75% off of cover price. They had already pulled anything that was worth anything but I still found a truck load of good reads in there and a few gems like the first apearance of Bishop (I think someone missed it as there was only one copy)

3. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

I guess it would depend on if they have older stuff or more recent stuff. Who's your favorite characters?

Since it's only $1 I say try out some stuff that looks cool and you haven't read before.

4. void

void oh yeah?

our shop has clearance sales every now and again, like this week...all books up to $3 are down to 50 cents. i got the last 10 issues of dan slotts run on she-hulk for $5.

5. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

I was actually looking for some Beta Ray Bill stuff, I don't know why but I love the character. (seriously, there is no reason, i just think he's a fucking pimp)

I used to be into Marc Silvestri's art, and was trying to find some old Darkness stuff but was SOL. Didn't know what period he was on the x-men, or anything else he did.