WEB layout. yay, nay?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by drpepper, Apr 23, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

http://sporelaunch.com

something gimmicky for quick clicks in anticipation of the game in September.
    oddly enough, its giving me big monies per click. better ad placements?

so, on the layout. scrap or keep? :wavey:

2. layout's pretty good. the "When will spore be released" heading looks a bit bland though. Is spore that new online multiplayer game for PC?

3. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

do you think it would look better as an image?
    i put that there with <h2> tags so search engines can pick up on people searching that phrase :wiggle:

yea, its this game www.spore.com

4. not necessarily, just mess with the tracking/kerning/font/size i guess. but it looks good :cool:

5. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

cool. will try that. thanks.

6. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

make it an h1, follow up with an h2. make sure your title and h1 have the same keywords, and your description has those keywords too.

7. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

lot of whitespace, no h1, yet there is an h2? just control the style of your h1.. and your title is the URL, match that to your h1 keywords

site is basically one color which is kind of annoying, maybe behind the header image use a light earthtone like a soft tan, beige, etc (or whatever fits color scheme of game art) might also want to put together a few more keywords/buzz phrases to change your google ads to something other than mold control products and services.

Until the disclaimer I see no mention of it being an EA game, get that right in there with your content using the full name

until I go to buy spore I have no idea what platform it runs on.. which console? pc? though once on the page, seeing that it's a game from the sims guy, google isn't going to know that

spore is being released on pc by electronic arts interactive blah blah should be in there, or some variation of it

1152x864 resolution, the 4 "spores" or whatever .. 3 are up top, 1 is dropped below, so the site doesn't scale very well, tie this into the half of the page is whitespace to the right comment from before

the site could use some margins

you should do more of a blog thing to update it with news as it comes out

8. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

oh, someone mentioned it was multi-player?

might want to add that in, talk about some features of it, etc

I leave the site not really knowing much but it's about microbes eating shit and avoiding bad guys

9. c.a

c.a New Member

your google ads are for science stuff, try to make them to where they're video game related